Обсуждение: Int to Interval conversion

Int to Interval conversion

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
  Hi everyone,

I have a table with a duration field, stored as an Integer. How can I
retrieve this from the table as an Interval type?

E.g.

create table test (test_id serial primary key, time_in_minutes int);
insert into test values (1440);

Now how do I extract that as 24:00:00::interval in a query?

Thanks.

Howard Cole.

Re: Int to Interval conversion

От
Bill Moran
Дата:

> I have a table with a duration field, stored as an Integer. How can I
> retrieve this from the table as an Interval type?
>
> E.g.
>
> create table test (test_id serial primary key, time_in_minutes int);
> insert into test values (1440);
>
> Now how do I extract that as 24:00:00::interval in a query?

SELECT CAST(time_in_minutes || ' minutes' AS INTERVAL) FROM test;

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: Int to Interval conversion

От
Szymon Guz

I have a table with a duration field, stored as an Integer. How can I retrieve this from the table as an Interval type?

E.g.

create table test (test_id serial primary key, time_in_minutes int);
insert into test values (1440);

Now how do I extract that as 24:00:00::interval in a query?

select 1440 * interval '1 minute';

regards
Szymon Guz

Re: Int to Interval conversion

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 4:57:46 am Howard Cole wrote:
>   Hi everyone,
>
> I have a table with a duration field, stored as an Integer. How can I
> retrieve this from the table as an Interval type?
>
> E.g.
>
> create table test (test_id serial primary key, time_in_minutes int);
> insert into test values (1440);
>
> Now how do I extract that as 24:00:00::interval in a query?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howard Cole.

test=> SELECT 1440 * interval '1 min';
 ?column?
----------
 24:00:00
(1 row)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Int to Interval conversion

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Sep 14, 2010, at 7:57 , Howard Cole wrote:

> create table test (test_id serial primary key, time_in_minutes int);
> insert into test values (1440);
>
> Now how do I extract that as 24:00:00::interval in a query?

test=# SELECT 1440 * INTERVAL '1 minute';
 ?column?
 24:00:00
(1 row)

Michael Glaesemann