Обсуждение: Change the UI language of psql connection

Change the UI language of psql connection

От
Brodie Thiesfield
Дата:
I have a PostgreSQL 8.4 database, installed with Japanese as the main
language. I am connecting from an English Windows 7 client using
psql.exe. Is there any way to change the UI of the messages shown to
me (e.g. the help, column headers from the \l command, etc) to
English?

I know that I can set the character encoding using \encoding, but this
is not the same. I want to change the UI language from ja_JP to en_US
(or similar).

I can't see anything in the psql documentation. Any ideas?

Regards,
Brodie

Re: Change the UI language of psql connection

Дата:
Brodie Thiesfield <brofield@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a PostgreSQL 8.4 database, installed with Japanese as the main
> language. I am connecting from an English Windows 7 client using
> psql.exe. Is there any way to change the UI of the messages shown to
> me (e.g. the help, column headers from the \l command, etc) to
> English?

set lc_messages to an appropriate locale.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Change the UI language of psql connection

От
Brodie Thiesfield
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Brodie Thiesfield <brofield@gmail.com> writes:
>> I have a PostgreSQL 8.4 database, installed with Japanese as the main
>> language. I am connecting from an English Windows 7 client using
>> psql.exe. Is there any way to change the UI of the messages shown to
>> me (e.g. the help, column headers from the \l command, etc) to
>> English?
>
> set lc_messages to an appropriate locale.

Ah yes. I forgot about that. That fixed my problem, thanks.

Brodie