Обсуждение: Too much logging

Too much logging

От
Mike Christensen
Дата:
Hi all -

I've noticed my log files for Postgres are getting way too big, since
every single SQL statement being run ends up in the log.  However,
nothing I change in postgresql.conf seems to make a bit of
difference..  I've tried restarting postgres, deleting all the
existing logs, etc.  No matter what I do, every statement is logged.

What I want is to only log SQL statements that result in errors.
Here's my config options:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
client_min_messages = error
log_min_messages = error
log_error_verbosity = default
log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_duration_statement = 3000
log_statement = 'all'

Pretty much everything else log related is commented out..  What am I
doing wrong?  Thanks!

Mike

Re: Too much logging

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Mike Christensen, 27.08.2010 11:39:
> Hi all -
>
> I've noticed my log files for Postgres are getting way too big, since
> every single SQL statement being run ends up in the log.  However,
> nothing I change in postgresql.conf seems to make a bit of
> difference..  I've tried restarting postgres, deleting all the
> existing logs, etc.  No matter what I do, every statement is logged.
>
> What I want is to only log SQL statements that result in errors.
> Here's my config options:
>
> log_destination = 'stderr'
> logging_collector = on
> client_min_messages = error
> log_min_messages = error
> log_error_verbosity = default
> log_min_error_statement = error
> log_min_duration_statement = 3000
> log_statement = 'all'
>
> Pretty much everything else log related is commented out..  What am I
> doing wrong?  Thanks!

log_statement = 'all'

should be

log_statement = 'none'

Regards
Thomas

Re: Too much logging

От
Mike Christensen
Дата:
Yup, someone emailed me privately - this fixed the problem..  Thanks!

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Mike Christensen, 27.08.2010 11:39:
>>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I've noticed my log files for Postgres are getting way too big, since
>> every single SQL statement being run ends up in the log.  However,
>> nothing I change in postgresql.conf seems to make a bit of
>> difference..  I've tried restarting postgres, deleting all the
>> existing logs, etc.  No matter what I do, every statement is logged.
>>
>> What I want is to only log SQL statements that result in errors.
>> Here's my config options:
>>
>> log_destination = 'stderr'
>> logging_collector = on
>> client_min_messages = error
>> log_min_messages = error
>> log_error_verbosity = default
>> log_min_error_statement = error
>> log_min_duration_statement = 3000
>> log_statement = 'all'
>>
>> Pretty much everything else log related is commented out..  What am I
>> doing wrong?  Thanks!
>

> log_statement = 'all'
>
> should be
>
> log_statement = 'none'
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Re: Too much logging

От
Richard Harley
Дата:
Won't log state = all catch everything?

Richard

On 27/08/10 10:39, Mike Christensen wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I've noticed my log files for Postgres are getting way too big, since
> every single SQL statement being run ends up in the log.  However,
> nothing I change in postgresql.conf seems to make a bit of
> difference..  I've tried restarting postgres, deleting all the
> existing logs, etc.  No matter what I do, every statement is logged.
>
> What I want is to only log SQL statements that result in errors.
> Here's my config options:
>
> log_destination = 'stderr'
> logging_collector = on
> client_min_messages = error
> log_min_messages = error
> log_error_verbosity = default
> log_min_error_statement = error
> log_min_duration_statement = 3000
> log_statement = 'all'
>
> Pretty much everything else log related is commented out..  What am I
> doing wrong?  Thanks!
>
> Mike

Re: Too much logging

От
Andreas Schmitz
Дата:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-STATEMENT

[...]

Valid values are none, ddl, mod, and all.

regards

andreas