Обсуждение: Application name and psql in 9.0

Application name and psql in 9.0

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
I am logging application name in 9.0, and noticed the following issue.
First, I produced an error with psql:

bash-3.2$ psql nonexistent
psql: FATAL:  database "nonexistent" does not exist

Looking at the logs, I see:

10338 [unknown] 2010-08-06 07:38:00 EEST FATAL:  database "nonexistent"
does not exist

Why can't I see psql there? Is it just because that logging is performed
just before detecting application name?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Application name and psql in 9.0

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
2010/8/6 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> Why can't I see psql there? Is it just because that logging is performed
> just before detecting application name?

Yes. The backend checks whether target database exists, before
processing application name.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: Application name and psql in 9.0

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 14:49 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > Why can't I see psql there? Is it just because that logging is
> performed
> > just before detecting application name?
>
> Yes. The backend checks whether target database exists, before
> processing application name.

Thanks.