Обсуждение: Scheduling backup

Scheduling backup

От
RP Khare
Дата:
Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take hourly dumps of my production database.

Rohit Prakash

Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.

Re: Scheduling backup

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
use cron?

On 6/30/2010 10:37 AM, RP Khare wrote:
> Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take
> hourly dumps of my production database.

> Rohit Prakash

> Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.
> <http://education.in.msn.com/>

Re: Scheduling backup

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
> Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take hourly
> dumps of my production database.

You can use the OS-scheduler, for instance, CRON for UNIX-like systems.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
GnuPG: 0x31720C99, 1006 CCB4 A326 1D42 6431  2EB0 389D 1DC2 3172 0C99

Re: Scheduling backup

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On 30/06/10 8:37 AM, RP Khare wrote:
> Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take
> hourly dumps of my production database.

> Rohit Prakash

> Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.
> <http://education.in.msn.com/>

You can use Crontab (linux)/Schedule Jobs(Windows).

With this if you want then your can use pgagent for scheduling Jobs.
For more information on pgagent, please refer following link:
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/pgagent.html

--
Thanks&  Regards,
Vibhor Kumar.

Office: 732-331-1300 Ext-2022

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

Fwd: Scheduling backup

От
"Massa, Harald Armin"
Дата:
Rohit,

yes, there is.

- Click on the Start-Icon (XP) or Windows-Icon(W7) to bring up your ProgrammsMenu
- click on "Control Panel"
- click on administration icon
- DOUBLE-CLICK on planned tasks
- click on new planned tasks, in the add planned task wizzard  you can add the commands for running pg_dump
- to learn more about the PostgreSQL PG_DUMP utility, please read up on http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-pgdump.html

best wishes,

Harald

Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take hourly dumps of my production database.

Rohit Prakash

Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Using PostgreSQL is mostly about sleeping well at night.

Re: Scheduling backup

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 06/30/10 12:37 AM, RP Khare wrote:
> Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to take
> hourly dumps of my production database.

if those are your backup requirements, you should take a look at PITR,
Point In Time Recovery, where you take just an occasional full database
dump, then archive WAL logs which record the changes to the database,
minute by minute.

these logs can be used to play back the database transactions to any
specific Point In Time.

Re: Scheduling backup

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
passionate_programmer@hotmail.com (RP Khare) writes:
> Is there any way to schedule PGSQL databases backups?  I want to
> take hourly dumps of my production database.

Sure.

You can use whatever tool you already have to schedule running
"pg_dump."

On Unix-like systems, you almost always have a system known as "cron"
available to you to do this.

On Windows(tm), you may have a system application called "Scheduled
Tasks" that can do the same sort of thing.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/languages.html