Обсуждение: weird initdb output

weird initdb output

От
Geoffrey Myers
Дата:
I wrote a script that creates a new database from an existing backup.
Works great on my machine.  Another user tries to use it and sees the
following output from initdb:

could not change directory to "/root"
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".
.
.

Why is it trying to change directory to /root???  Running as the
postgres user.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
Geoffrey Myers
Myers Consulting Inc.

Re: weird initdb output

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Geoffrey Myers
<geof@serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> I wrote a script that creates a new database from an existing backup. Works
> great on my machine.  Another user tries to use it and sees the following
> output from initdb:
>
> could not change directory to "/root"
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
> "postgres".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> Why is it trying to change directory to /root???  Running as the postgres
> user.

Maybe if we could see the script?