Обсуждение: Connection's limit in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and pg 8.3.11 (no more than 94 connections)

Connection's limit in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and pg 8.3.11 (no more than 94 connections)

От
erobles
Дата:
Hello! I have postgres running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

and I've noticed that only accepts up to 94 connections, no more ...
I modified the values in postgresql.conf
max_connections from  100 to 128
shared_buffers  from 24 to 48  MB

postgres is started  with:
su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql83/bin/postmaster -i -D
/usr/local/pgsql83/data"

I rebuilt the SCO kernel with these values:

NODE    "srvr83"
EVDEVS    96
EVQUEUES    88
NSPTTYS    64
NUMSP    256
NSTREAM    4352
NHINODE    1024
GPGSLO    2000
GPGSHI    6000
NSTRPAGES    6000
NAIOPROC    50
NAIOREQ    400
NAIOBUF    400
NAIOHBUF    100
NAIOREQPP    400
NAIOLOCKTBL    50
MAX_PROC    10000
MAXUMEM    1048576
NCALL    256
NCLIST    512
NSTREVENT    14848
NUMTIM    1888
NUMTRW    1888
SDSKOUT    64
TTHOG    4096
SECLUID    0
SECSTOPIO    1
SECCLEARID    1

by the way the  following  variables have been established to the maximum
SEMMAP    8192
SEMMNI    8192
SEMMNS    8192
SEMMSL    300
SEMMNU    100
SHMMAX    2147483647

Any reply will be highly appreciated!

regards.

Re: Connection's limit in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and pg 8.3.11 (no more than 94 connections)

От
Filip Rembiałkowski
Дата:
1. What kind of error you get when client tries to establish 95th
connection? 2. Did you try to consult sco expert? The problem seems to
be not caused by postgres...

2010/6/4, erobles <erobles@sensacd.com.mx>:
> Hello! I have postgres running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
>
> and I've noticed that only accepts up to 94 connections, no more ...
> I modified the values in postgresql.conf
> max_connections from  100 to 128
> shared_buffers  from 24 to 48  MB
>
> postgres is started  with:
> su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql83/bin/postmaster -i -D
> /usr/local/pgsql83/data"
>

> I rebuilt the SCO kernel with these values:
>

> NODE    "srvr83"
> EVDEVS    96
> EVQUEUES    88
> NSPTTYS    64
> NUMSP    256
> NSTREAM    4352
> NHINODE    1024
> GPGSLO    2000
> GPGSHI    6000
> NSTRPAGES    6000
> NAIOPROC    50
> NAIOREQ    400
> NAIOBUF    400
> NAIOHBUF    100
> NAIOREQPP    400
> NAIOLOCKTBL    50
> MAX_PROC    10000
> MAXUMEM    1048576
> NCALL    256
> NCLIST    512
> NSTREVENT    14848
> NUMTIM    1888
> NUMTRW    1888
> SDSKOUT    64
> TTHOG    4096
> SECLUID    0
> SECSTOPIO    1
> SECCLEARID    1
>
> by the way the  following  variables have been established to the maximum
> SEMMAP    8192
> SEMMNI    8192
> SEMMNS    8192
> SEMMSL    300
> SEMMNU    100
> SHMMAX    2147483647
>

> Any reply will be highly appreciated!
>

> regards.

Wysłane z mojego urządzenia przenośnego

Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com
http://filip.rembialkowski.net/

Re: Connection's limit in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and pg 8.3.11 (no more than 94 connections)

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 10:51:27AM -0500, erobles wrote:
> Hello! I have postgres running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
>
> and I've noticed that only accepts up to 94 connections, no more ...
> I modified the values in postgresql.conf
> max_connections from  100 to 128
> shared_buffers  from 24 to 48  MB
>
> postgres is started  with:
> su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql83/bin/postmaster -i -D
> /usr/local/pgsql83/data"

What does it say when it refuses connections above 94? Also, when you connect
and type "show max_connections;", what gets returned? It might be you're
editing the wrong copy of postgresql.conf, or not restarting PostgreSQL after
editing

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation