Обсуждение: Server tries to connect without ssl support

Server tries to connect without ssl support

От
Venkata Subrahmanyam Gurram
Дата:
Hi,

We are running pgsql server with ssl support.When java client tries to connected to the server with ssl is on, if there is no ip address entry in pg_hba.conf file, pgsql first tries to connect with ssl and then tries to connect with non ssl.We checked this one in log file. Why the server is doing this ?

postgresql version 8.4
jdbc jar file postgresql-8.0-314.jdbc3.jar

Thanks
subrahmanyam52

Re: Server tries to connect without ssl support

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Venkata Subrahmanyam Gurram
<subrahmanyam.gurram@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running pgsql server with ssl support.When java client tries to
> connected to the server with ssl is on, if there is no ip address entry in
> pg_hba.conf file, pgsql first tries to connect with ssl and then tries to
> connect with non ssl.We checked this one in log file. Why the server is
> doing this ?

Please post all uncommented lines from your pg_hba.conf on the server.

Re: Server tries to connect without ssl support

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 12/05/10 17:11, Venkata Subrahmanyam Gurram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running pgsql server with ssl support. When java client tries to
> connected to the server with ssl is on, if there is no ip address entry
> in pg_hba.conf file, pgsql

You mean PgJDBC? And by "ssl is on" you mean that you've added
"ssl=true" to the JDBC parameter list?

Please post your JDBC URL with your server name X-ed out.

> We checked this one in log file. Why the
> server is doing this ?

Do you mean "why is the client doing this?" Or am I misunderstanding you?

--
Craig Ringer