Обсуждение: General Question about database -- redirection

General Question about database -- redirection

От
akp geek
Дата:
dear all -

             I am not supposed to ask this. But, the question is I have 2 databases DB_1 and DB_2. I have a script that loads few tables in DB_1. The 2 databases are identical. In case , if database DB_1 is dropped, Is there any  command that I can issue to use the DB_2?

Regards

Re: General Question about database -- redirection

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
create database db_1 template db_2;

This will create a new DB_1 using DB_2 as template.  Otherwise, you'll change your code to connect to DB_2 instead of connecting to DB_1.

--
Jorge Godoy     <jgodoy@gmail.com>

             I am not supposed to ask this. But, the question is I have 2 databases DB_1 and DB_2. I have a script that loads few tables in DB_1. The 2 databases are identical. In case , if database DB_1 is dropped, Is there any  command that I can issue to use the DB_2?

Regards

Re: General Question about database -- redirection

От
akp geek
Дата:
Thank you