Обсуждение: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
Alan McKay
Дата:
Hey folks,

Sorry for the OT - we are most of the way through a Db2 --> PG
migration that is some 18 months in the making so far.    We've got
maybe another 3 to 6 months to go before we are complete, and in the
meantime have identified the need for connection pooling in Db2, a-la
the excellent pgbouncer tool we have implemented on PG

We are 100% CentOS based.

Anyone know of anything?

From my process list it looks like Db2 V8.1 - my DBA is away at the
moment so I cannot ask him :)

root      3370     1  0  2009 ?        00:18:38 /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin/db2fmcd

thanks,
-Alan

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/conn/c0006170.htm

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
Alan McKay
Дата:
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/conn/c0006170.htm

Yeah, that is Db2 Enterprise, and we have Workgroup Server version.
And the cost of upgrading to that was part of why we decided to move
to PG.

So I should have been more specific - a FREE connection pooler :-)

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/conn/c0006170.htm
>
> Yeah, that is Db2 Enterprise, and we have Workgroup Server version.
> And the cost of upgrading to that was part of why we decided to move
> to PG.
>
> So I should have been more specific - a FREE connection pooler :-)

What language are you running this in again?  There might be other
options that are more language oriented (java for instance) than db
oriented.  Or maybe some intermediate layer for pooling that's db
agnostic.

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
Alan McKay
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> What language are you running this in again?  There might be other
> options that are more language oriented (java for instance) than db
> oriented.  Or maybe some intermediate layer for pooling that's db
> agnostic.

Oh, should have mentioned that too - Perl

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 17:35 -0500, Alan McKay wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What language are you running this in again?  There might be other
> > options that are more language oriented (java for instance) than db
> > oriented.  Or maybe some intermediate layer for pooling that's db
> > agnostic.
>
> Oh, should have mentioned that too - Perl

Mod_perl?

> --
> “Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
>          - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
Alan McKay
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Mod_perl?

That on our front-end servers, as well as just regular perl on the back end.

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 12:16 -0500, Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Sorry for the OT - we are most of the way through a Db2 --> PG
> migration that is some 18 months in the making so far.    We've got
> maybe another 3 to 6 months to go before we are complete, and in the
> meantime have identified the need for connection pooling in Db2, a-la
> the excellent pgbouncer tool we have implemented on PG
>
> We are 100% CentOS based.
>
> Anyone know of anything?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/conn/c0006170.htm

> From my process list it looks like Db2 V8.1 - my DBA is away at the
> moment so I cannot ask him :)
>
> root      3370     1  0  2009 ?        00:18:38 /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin/db2fmcd
>
> thanks,
> -Alan
>

> --
> “Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
>          - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Re: OT: Db2 connection pooling?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата: