Обсуждение: getaddrinfo.c error

getaddrinfo.c error

От
"关外流浪"
Дата:
Hi,guys.I am a student who want to study PostgreSQL.I encountered the following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse to built pgsql:

"  ../src/port/getaddrinfo.c:360: error: conflicting types for 'getnameinfo' /usr/inlclude/netdb.h:653: note: previous declaration of 'getnameinfo' was here"

but other similar functions such as getaddrinfo(...) declared in getaddrinfo.h work right.so why getnameinfo(...) produce the errors.can someone give me a tip to fix the problem,that's would be very helpful to me.Thanks very much

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 13/12/2009 3:45 PM, 关外流浪 wrote:
> Hi,guys.I am a student who want to study PostgreSQL.I encountered the
> following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse to
> built pgsql:

Eclipse isn't a C compiler. It's an integrated development environment.
I assume you're using GCC as your compiler, since that's what Eclipse's
C development tools want to use, but how did you set the project up?

Are you using PostgreSQL's original `configure' script? Or did you just
import the sources into Eclipse and let it create a new build script?

You should really just stick to using PostgreSQL's existing, tested
build tools and a well tested and supported compiler. You can still use
something like Eclipse if you want to use an IDE to edit the sources -
you just need to set the project up to use the existing postgresql
configure script etc when building.

If you do not think that your use of Eclipse is the problem, then please
try running "./configure" then "make" on a fresh copy of the PostgreSQL
sources to demonstrate that the problem happens even without Eclipse's
involvement.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
Craig Ringer wrote:
> You should really just stick to using PostgreSQL's existing, tested
> build tools and a well tested and supported compiler. You can still
> use something like Eclipse if you want to use an IDE to edit the
> sources - you just need to set the project up to use the existing
> postgresql configure script etc when building.

I would suggest manually running ./configure with whatever options are
appropriate initially to create the Makefile, then just have Eclipse use
this Makefile to rebuild the project after you edit code.

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

От
Greg Smith
关外流浪 wrote:
Hi,guys.I am a student who want to study PostgreSQL.I encountered the following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse to built pgsql:

I don't know why this specific one isn't working, but we do have a very detailed guide to getting PostgreSQL to build in Eclipse that might help you out:  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

Дата:
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> �������� wrote:
>> Hi,guys.I ama studentwho want to studyPostgreSQL.I encountered the
>> following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse
>> to built pgsql:

> I don't know why this specific one isn't working, but we do have a very
> detailed guide to getting PostgreSQL to build in Eclipse that might help
> you out: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse

Hm, I wonder whether the reason the OP ran into trouble was that he
followed that guide :-(.  Relying on manual invocation of configure
is a sure recipe for hitting weird breakage anytime somebody changes
the configure input files ... Surely there's a way to teach Eclipse
to do that when needed?

            regards, tom lane

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > �������� wrote:
> >> Hi,guys.I ama studentwho want to studyPostgreSQL.I encountered the
> >> following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse
> >> to built pgsql:
>
> > I don't know why this specific one isn't working, but we do have a very
> > detailed guide to getting PostgreSQL to build in Eclipse that might help
> > you out: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse
>
> Hm, I wonder whether the reason the OP ran into trouble was that he
> followed that guide :-(.  Relying on manual invocation of configure
> is a sure recipe for hitting weird breakage anytime somebody changes
> the configure input files ... Surely there's a way to teach Eclipse
> to do that when needed?

Is this really a problem?  I think our makefiles are set up such that
they will re-run configure in some of its input files have changed.
I know they do for me when I cvs-update and configure itself has
changed.

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm, I wonder whether the reason the OP ran into trouble was that he
>> followed that guide :-(.  Relying on manual invocation of configure
>> is a sure recipe for hitting weird breakage anytime somebody changes
>> the configure input files ... Surely there's a way to teach Eclipse
>> to do that when needed?

> Is this really a problem?  I think our makefiles are set up such that
> they will re-run configure in some of its input files have changed.

I believe they will re-run config.status to regenerate the output
files.  This is not the same thing as re-running the configure script.

            regards, tom lane

Re: getaddrinfo.c error

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On mån, 2009-12-14 at 09:27 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Hm, I wonder whether the reason the OP ran into trouble was that he
> >> followed that guide :-(.  Relying on manual invocation of configure
> >> is a sure recipe for hitting weird breakage anytime somebody changes
> >> the configure input files ... Surely there's a way to teach Eclipse
> >> to do that when needed?
>
> > Is this really a problem?  I think our makefiles are set up such that
> > they will re-run configure in some of its input files have changed.
>
> I believe they will re-run config.status to regenerate the output
> files.  This is not the same thing as re-running the configure script.

It runs config.status --recheck and then config.status for the output
files, which is ultimately pretty much the same as rerunning configure.