Обсуждение: Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

От
"Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD)"

Hi ,

I am working on hpux itanium platform

I am using postgres 8.4.0 version and have compiled 64bit libpq library.

While conneting I am getting error

" could not get socket error status: Invalid argument"

can someone help here? Why I am getting this error while connecting to database.

Regards

Rajaram J

We all make mistakes, but it's our responses to said mistakes that separate true leaders from the rest of the pack.

Re: Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

Дата:
"Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD)" <rajaram.j@hp.com> writes:
> I am using postgres 8.4.0 version and have compiled 64bit libpq library.

How did you do that exactly?

> While conneting I am getting error
> " could not get socket error status: Invalid argument"

A bit of grepping shows that it failed here:

                ACCEPT_TYPE_ARG3 optlen = sizeof(optval);

                if (getsockopt(conn->sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR,
                               (char *) &optval, &optlen) == -1)
                {
                    appendPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
                    libpq_gettext("could not get socket error status: %s\n"),
                            SOCK_STRERROR(SOCK_ERRNO, sebuf, sizeof(sebuf)));

The most likely bet seems to be that optlen isn't of the width the
kernel is expecting, which would imply that configure didn't choose
the type ACCEPT_TYPE_ARG3 correctly, which would imply that HP's
done something weird and unlike every other platform.  Which would
not be too much of a surprise :-(.  Or possibly you gave configure
some inconsistent arguments that confused it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

От
simon
Дата:
how to fix it?

Re: Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

От
Radosław Smogura
Дата:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 02:42:42 -0700 (PDT), simon wrote:
> how to fix it?

> Nabble.com.

 Try manually allocate buffer of greater size, but what internal
 structure will be inside I don't know, maybe HP has some additions at
 the end of structure.

 Regards,
 Radek

Re: Error - could not get socket error status: Invalid argument

От
Vijay
Дата:
Hi,

Is this issue resolved? If yes, can you plz post the solution.

Regards,
Vijay