Обсуждение: array datatype supported by Perl DBI with Postgres DBD ?

array datatype supported by Perl DBI with Postgres DBD ?

От
"Gauthier, Dave"

Does anyone know if the Postgres DBD for the Perl DBI supports the array datatype?

Thanks in Advance !

Re: array datatype supported by Perl DBI with Postgres DBD ?

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Gauthier, Dave <dave.gauthier@intel.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Postgres DBD for the Perl DBI supports the array
> datatype?

I use numeric array columns with DBD::Pg.  What do you define as "support"?

Re: array datatype supported by Perl DBI with Postgres DBD ?

От
"Gauthier, Dave"
Дата:
I plan to use text arrays.

I have an old O'Reilly "Programming the Perl DBI" and it doesn't mention supoprt of these things.  I suppose that this
mightbe because some DBs don't support them. But PG does, and I was wondering how it would pass column data which is an
arraywhen using something like fetchall_arrayref().  Is there a doc for this somewhere?  I googled around for a while
anddidn't see anything.

Thanks
-dave

> Does anyone know if the Postgres DBD for the Perl DBI supports the array
> datatype?

I use numeric array columns with DBD::Pg.  What do you define as "support"?

Re: array datatype supported by Perl DBI with Postgres DBD ?

От
Michael Andreen
Дата:
On Thursday 10 September 2009 18:28:28 Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> I have an old O'Reilly "Programming the Perl DBI" and it doesn't mention
> supoprt of these things.  I suppose that this might be because some DBs
> don't support them. But PG does, and I was wondering how it would pass
> column data which is an array when using something like
> fetchall_arrayref().  Is there a doc for this somewhere?  I googled around
> for a while and didn't see anything.

Best thing to do is look up the documentation on cpan for the version you
have.

http://search.cpan.org/~turnstep/DBD-Pg-2.15.1/Pg.pm#Array_support

Has been there since 2.0.0.

/Michael