Обсуждение: install postgis in linux server without desktop

install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
shane_china
Дата:
I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so easily,
just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?

I know there is a tool called stack builder which work after version 8.2 for
easily installing extensions, I have tried, but it seem doesnt work under
command line.

I don't know how to install postgis on ubuntu? I go to postgis website and
find the install method is complicated, need me to compile three or more
things.

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
Sachin Srivastava
Дата:
On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
> I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so easily,
> just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?
>
> I know there is a tool called stack builder which work after version 8.2 for
> easily installing extensions, I have tried, but it seem doesnt work under
> command line.
>
> I don't know how to install postgis on ubuntu? I go to postgis website and
> find the install method is complicated, need me to compile three or more
> things.

use the stackbuilder to get hold of the postgis installer binary. (It
gets downloaded in /tmp by default).
Then use the binary with "--mode text" as an option. Check --help for
all options available.

Sachin Srivastava
www.enterprisedb.com

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 22:23 +0530, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
> > I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so easily,
> > just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?

sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.3-postgis

Then there will likely be something to the affect of:

psql -U <user> <db> < /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib/postgis.sql (or
something like that)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
shane_china
Дата:
I do follow your instruction. I successfully install postgis, but I can't
find postgis.sql under any folder.
My postgresql installed by apt-get.

After apt-get postgis, What should I to do?  Only execute sql in
postgis.sql?

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 22:23 +0530, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
>> On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
>> > I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so
>> easily,
>> > just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?
>
> sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.3-postgis
>
> Then there will likely be something to the affect of:
>
> psql -U <user> <db> < /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib/postgis.sql (or
> something like that)
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
> PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
> Command Prompt, Inc: http://www.commandprompt.com/ - 503.667.4564
> Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
shane_china
Дата:
How to "use the stackbuilder to get hold of the postgis installer binary",
could you explain it more exactly?
I execute stackbuilder, but there is an error

root@ubuntu-yingxia:/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/stackbuilder/bin# ./stackbuilder
./stackbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0:

thank you for help

Sachin Srivastava-2 wrote:

> On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
>> I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so
>> easily,
>> just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?
>>
>> I know there is a tool called stack builder which work after version 8.2
>> for
>> easily installing extensions, I have tried, but it seem doesnt work under
>> command line.
>>
>> I don't know how to install postgis on ubuntu? I go to postgis website
>> and
>> find the install method is complicated, need me to compile three or more
>> things.
>>
> use the stackbuilder to get hold of the postgis installer binary. (It
> gets downloaded in /tmp by default).
> Then use the binary with "--mode text" as an option. Check --help for
> all options available.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sachin Srivastava
> www.enterprisedb.com

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 22:23 +0530, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
> > I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so easily,
> > just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?

sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.3-postgis

Then there will likely be something to the affect of:

psql -U <user> <db> < /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib/postgis.sql (or
something like that)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
Robert Dörfler
Дата:
Am Mittwoch, den 02.09.2009, 16:54 -0700 schrieb shane_china:
> I do follow your instruction. I successfully install postgis, but I can't
> find postgis.sql under any folder.
> My postgresql installed by apt-get.
>
> After apt-get postgis, What should I to do?  Only execute sql in
> postgis.sql?

Already checked:
http://www.paolocorti.net/2008/01/30/installing-postgis-on-ubuntu/ ?

--
Greetings,
Robert

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
shane_china
Дата:
Thank you very much, I successfully install postgis.

Robert Dörfler wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 02.09.2009, 16:54 -0700 schrieb shane_china:
>> I do follow your instruction. I successfully install postgis, but I can't
>> find postgis.sql under any folder.
>> My postgresql installed by apt-get.
>>
>> After apt-get postgis, What should I to do?  Only execute sql in
>> postgis.sql?
>>

> Already checked:
> http://www.paolocorti.net/2008/01/30/installing-postgis-on-ubuntu/ ?
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Robert

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

От
Robert Dörfler
Дата:
> Thank you very much, I successfully install postgis.

no problem ;)

--
Greetings,
Robert