Обсуждение: Eclipse jdbc postgresql

Eclipse jdbc postgresql

От
Sheepjxx
Дата:
If I want to use postgres with jdbc , I have already download jdbc, do
I need  extra option for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
postgres.conf?

 From iTouch.
z3246339@student.unsw.edu.au
xiaoxi@student.unsw.edu.au

Re: Eclipse jdbc postgresql

От
John R Pierce
Sheepjxx wrote:
> If I want to use postgres with jdbc , I have already download jdbc, do
> I need  extra option for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
> postgres.conf?

you just need postgres configured so you can connect to it via tcp (as
jdbc doesn't do local domain sockets), and you need the appropriate JDBC
jar file for your environment.

the --with-java stuff is for the pljava support, which is a place i'd
personally never want to go.

Re: Eclipse jdbc postgresql

От
Glyn Astill
Дата:
--- On Tue, 1/9/09, Sheepjxx <sheepjxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to use postgres with jdbc ,
> I have already download jdbc, do I need  extra option
> for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
> postgres.conf?

No, you just need the postgres jdbc driver (jdbc.postgresql.org) in your classpath.

Glyn