Обсуждение: Help using SELECT INTO to make schema

Help using SELECT INTO to make schema

От
Robert James
Дата:
I'd like to SELECT INTO one table into another one. However, I'd like to do two things that I don't know how to do using SELECT INTO:

 1. Copy over the indexes and constraints of the first table into the second
 2. Do SELECT INTO even if the second table already exists.

Is there anyway to do either one of those?

Failing that, is there a way to copy a table's schema - its columns, indexes, and constraints - into a new (empty) table?

Re: Help using SELECT INTO to make schema

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 18:15 -0400, Robert James wrote:
> I'd like to SELECT INTO one table into another one. However, I'd like
> to do two things that I don't know how to do using SELECT INTO:
>
>  1. Copy over the indexes and constraints of the first table into the
> second

See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html
LIKE parent_table [ { INCLUDING | EXCLUDING } { DEFAULTS | CONSTRAINTS |

> 2. Do SELECT INTO even if the second table already exists.

INSERT INTO foo ... SELECT

Regards,
    Jeff Davis