Обсуждение: INTERVAL documentation bug?

INTERVAL documentation bug?

От
Sebastien FLAESCH
Дата:
I believe the documentation (Data Types section) is missing one INTERVAL "field":

     HOUR TO SECOND

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/datatype-datetime.html

The interval type has an additional option, which is to restrict the set of stored fields by writing one of these
phrases:

     YEAR
     MONTH
     DAY
     HOUR
     MINUTE
     SECOND
     YEAR TO MONTH
     DAY TO HOUR
     DAY TO MINUTE
     DAY TO SECOND
     HOUR TO MINUTE
     MINUTE TO SECOND

It's actually supported:

test1=> create table tab1 ( iv interval hour to second );
CREATE TABLE
test1=> insert into tab1 values ( 'PT444H59M59S' );
INSERT 0 1
test1=> select * from tab1;
     iv
-----------
  444:59:59
(1 row)

Seb

Client only install

От
Michael Gould
Дата:
We are running our PostGres db on Windows 2008 Server but have several
clients who are running various other versions of Windows (XP, Vista, etc).
Is there are binary install for just the client side install so that we do
not have to install everything?

If there isn't one available how do we run just the client side on the
workstations?  Do we just not start the postmaster on the client?

Best Regards

--
Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC

Re: Client only install

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
hello

2009/7/8 Michael Gould <mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net>:
> We are running our PostGres db on Windows 2008 Server but have several
> clients who are running various other versions of Windows (XP, Vista, etc).
> Is there are binary install for just the client side install so that we do
> not have to install everything?

you need only pgAdmin - it's pg client

regards
Pavel Stehule