Обсуждение: Slony-I timezone setting

Slony-I timezone setting

От
Pedro Doria Meunier
Дата:

Re: Slony-I timezone setting

Дата:
Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria@netmadeira.com> writes:
> When configuring a Slony cluster I get the infamous 'ERROR:  invalid
> input syntax for type timestamp: "Mon Jun 29 13:00:36.628805 2009 WEST"'

You need to make the timezone_abbreviations configuration on the slave
match that on the master.  Alternatively, set datestyle to ISO so that
a less ambiguous timestamp format is used.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Slony-I timezone setting

От
Pedro Doria Meunier
Дата:

Re: Slony-I timezone setting

Дата:
Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria@netmadeira.com> writes:
> This is what's defined in postgresql.conf

> datestyle = 'iso, ymd'
> timezone = 'Atlantic/Madeira'

Hmm.  WET/WEST are the zone abbreviations for that zone, all right,
but I don't understand why they're being emitted if you have that
datestyle setting.  Maybe something is overriding the datestyle for
some dumb reason?

Anyway, a look at the default timezone abbrevs file shows that it
recognizes WETDST not WEST.  You might care to add WEST as an
accepted abbrev too.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Slony-I timezone setting

От