Обсуждение: connecting to a remote pq always require a password

connecting to a remote pq always require a password

От
David Shen
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to use the libpq to connect to my postgresql 8.3 server.
If I use "dbname = mydb", the connection made successfully because I
am using a socket connection. But if I use "host = 127.0.0.1 dbname =
mydb", the error message is "no password supplied".

In the pg_hba.conf file, I even change the host access control to this:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust

but it still does not work. What I missed?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

Re: connecting to a remote pq always require a password

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Jun 18, 2009, at 8:11 AM, David Shen wrote:

> In the pg_hba.conf file, I even change the host access control to
> this:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
>
> but it still does not work. What I missed?

Did you reload the configuration (or restart the sever) after making
this change?

pg_ctl reload -D /path/to/your/data

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Re: connecting to a remote pq always require a password

От
Lennin Caro

> I am trying to use the libpq to connect to my postgresql
> 8.3 server.
> If I use "dbname = mydb", the connection made successfully
> because I
> am using a socket connection. But if I use "host =
> 127.0.0.1 dbname =
> mydb", the error message is "no password supplied".
>
> In the pg_hba.conf file, I even change the host access
> control to this:
> host    all
>    all
>    127.0.0.1/32
>   trust
>
> but it still does not work. What I missed?
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> David Shen

waht is the ip number of the host machien and the remote machine to try connect

you can pass a password to the string conection

"host=>127.0.0.1 dbname=>mydb user=>myuser password=>mypassword"

maybe the problem is the net direction 127.0.0.x check this

Re: connecting to a remote pq always require a password

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2009-06-18, David Shen <davidshen84@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the libpq to connect to my postgresql 8.3 server.
> If I use "dbname = mydb", the connection made successfully because I
> am using a socket connection. But if I use "host = 127.0.0.1 dbname =
> mydb", the error message is "no password supplied".
>
> In the pg_hba.conf file, I even change the host access control to this:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
>
> but it still does not work. What I missed?

postgres doesn't know who you are! specify a user in the connection
string.

you can use "ident sameuser" over TCP connections but it is no more
secure than the originating host. (it works via RFC1413)