Обсуждение: limit table to one row

limit table to one row

От
Brandon Metcalf
Дата:
Is there a way when creating a table to limit it to one row?  That is,
without using a stored procedure?

I searched the documentation, but didn't find anything.

--
Brandon

Re: limit table to one row

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Brandon Metcalf
<brandon@geronimoalloys.com> wrote:
> Is there a way when creating a table to limit it to one row?  That is,
> without using a stored procedure?

Sure just add a check constraint along the lines of:

CONSTRAINT Only_one_row
    CHECK( tableuniqueid = 1 ); --assuming you row has a unique id of 1

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: limit table to one row

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Brandon Metcalf
<brandon@geronimoalloys.com> wrote:
> Is there a way when creating a table to limit it to one row?  That is,
> without using a stored procedure?

Sure just add a check constraint along the lines of:

CONSTRAINT Only_one_row
    CHECK( tableuniqueid = 1 ); --assuming you row has a unique id of 1

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: limit table to one row

От
Brandon Metcalf
Дата:
r == richard.broersma@gmail.com writes:

 r> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Brandon Metcalf