Обсуждение: lack in psql console

lack in psql console

От
Juan Camilo Marín
Дата:
Hello

I have a problem in my psql console (psql 8.2.5 on Mac 10.5.6), the problem is, when I write a sentence and then I use the up and down key to see the previous sentences the sentence is loaded above the previous sentences and I should use the left and rigth keys to go to the begining of the sentences and then go to the end to be able to see the complete sentence.

Welcome to psql 8.2.5 (server 8.2.9), the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

=> select * from table_name;

In this sentence I was use the up key to load the previous sentece and this is what I see.

=> select * from \d summary_table;

The sentense start  after "=> select * from" I don't know why this is happend.

Thanks for all help you can provide me!

Best regard,

--
Life may only be understood backwards.... but it must be lived forwards

Re: lack in psql console

От
Juan Camilo Marín
Дата:
Hello

I have a problem in my psql console (psql 8.2.5 on Mac 10.5.6), the problem is, when I write a sentence and then I use the up and down key to see the previous sentences the sentence is loaded above the previous sentences and I should use the left and rigth keys to go to the begining of the sentences and then go to the end to be able to see the complete sentence.

Welcome to psql 8.2.5 (server 8.2.9), the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

=> select * from table_name;

In this sentence I was use the up key to load the previous sentence and this is what I see.

=> select * from \d summary_table;

The sentense start  after "=> select * from" I don't know why this is happen.

Thanks for all help you can provide me!

Best regard,

--
Life may only be understood backwards.... but it must be lived forwards

Re: lack in psql console

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
Juan Camilo Marín wrote:

> => select * from \d summary_table;
>
> The sentense start  after "=> select * from" I don't know why this is
> happen.

Probably a terminal emulation issue. Readline will be sending the wrong
escape sequences to control your terminal or your terminal will be
misbehaving somehow.

A common cause of readline issues is resizing your terminal window. Try
testing in a terminal window that's the default size. If that works OK,
try resizing it while it's still running the shell, THEN start psql.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: lack in psql console

От
Juan Camilo Marín
Дата:
Hello Craig.

Thanks for your answer. I did what you say (use the default size of the terminal) but the problem persist, the psql still start to write the new senteces above the old one, it is to weird.

Best regards,

2009/5/10 Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>
Juan Camilo Marín wrote:

> => select * from \d summary_table;
>
> The sentense start  after "=> select * from" I don't know why this is
> happen.

Probably a terminal emulation issue. Readline will be sending the wrong
escape sequences to control your terminal or your terminal will be
misbehaving somehow.

A common cause of readline issues is resizing your terminal window. Try
testing in a terminal window that's the default size. If that works OK,
try resizing it while it's still running the shell, THEN start psql.

--
Craig Ringer

--
Life may only be understood backwards.... but it must be lived forwards

FW: lack in psql console

От
"Edmundo Robles L."
Дата:
in the psql prompt try this:
\! stty sane

Ing. Edmundo Robles Lopez.
Analista Programador.

--
Life may only be understood backwards.... but it must be lived forwards

Re: FW: lack in psql console

От
Juan Camilo Marín
Дата:
Hello .

The problem was fix it , it was a PROMPT1 issue, I was using color in the prompt ..

#\set PROMPT1 '%[%033[1;33;40m%]%n@%/%R%[%033[0m%#%] '

and I changed by

#\set PROMPT1 '%n@%/%R%[%033[0m%#%]'

and the problem was fixed :D

Thx to all!

--
Life may only be understood backwards.... but it must be lived forwards