Обсуждение: Parallel DB architechture

Parallel DB architechture

От
aravind chandu
Дата:
Hello,

           I would like to implement parallel DB Architecture in postgres.I came across various parallel architectures shared memory,shared disk,shared nothing,hierarchical.But I am unaware of how to implement one of these in real time system.Can you guys help me in this aspect?

Re: Parallel DB architechture

От
Asko Oja
Дата:
Hello

We use plProxy (RUN ON ALL) to run queries in parallel.
We split our database into 16 shards and distributed it over 4 servers.
So now we are running queries on 16 cpu's in parallel :)

regards,
Asko

           I would like to implement parallel DB Architecture in postgres.I came across various parallel architectures shared memory,shared disk,shared nothing,hierarchical.But I am unaware of how to implement one of these in real time system.Can you guys help me in this aspect?

Re: Parallel DB architechture

От
"Ow Mun Heng"
Дата:
>>On Behalf Of Asko Oja
>>Hello

>>We use plProxy (RUN ON ALL) to run queries in parallel.
>>We split our database into 16 shards and distributed it over 4 servers.
>>So now we are running queries on 16 cpu's in parallel :)

Wow.. query time improved How many fold? Any idea?