Обсуждение: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
najmuddin hassan
Дата:
Hi,

I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as when I launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the database is not available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled together with installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that version of sql is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview program has a script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby as I understand it is to set the database for the program as server : localhost, database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:

psql: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432.

I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading it has something to do with authentication....

Can I have the solution to this matter. Thanks.

set PG_HOST=localhost
set PG_PORT=5432
set PG_USER=tele
set PG_PASS=tiny
set PG_DBASE=task
set PG_CONN=-h %PG_HOST% -p %PG_PORT% -U %PG_USER%

set PG_DDIR="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
set PG_BIN="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
set PATH=%PG_BIN%; %PATH%

if '%1' == ' ' goto START
set PG_DDIR=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\data
set PG_BIN=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin
set PATH=%PG_BIN%;%PATH%

: START

echo %PG_BIN%
echo %PG_DDIR%
echo %PATH%

echo "Granting permissions to access database"
copy pg_hba.conf %PG_DDIR%
net start pgsql-8.3
sleep 5
pg_ctl reload -D %PG_DDIR%

echo "Setting up PostgreSQL 8.3 database for Moteview"
psql -e %PG_CONN% template1 < db_user.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_moteview.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_xsensor.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_sample_mts310.sql

echo DATABASE CREATION FINISHED

Appreciate your help...

Regards,
Najios

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
----- "najmuddin hassan" <najios1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies.
> It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as
> when I
> launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the
> database is
> not available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled
> together with
> installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that
> version of
> sql is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview
> program
> has a script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby
> as I understand it is to set the database for the program as server :
> localhost, database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I
> run
> the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061). Is
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection
> on
> port 5432.
>
> I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading
> it
> has something to do with authentication....
>
> Can I have the solution to this matter. Thanks.
>

> set PG_HOST=localhost
> set PG_PORT=5432
> set PG_USER=tele
> set PG_PASS=tiny
> set PG_DBASE=task
> set PG_CONN=-h %PG_HOST% -p %PG_PORT% -U %PG_USER%
>
> set PG_DDIR="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
> set PG_BIN="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%; %PATH%
>
> if '%1' == ' ' goto START
> set PG_DDIR=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\data
> set PG_BIN=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%;%PATH%
>
> : START
>
> echo %PG_BIN%
> echo %PG_DDIR%
> echo %PATH%
>
> echo "Granting permissions to access database"
> copy pg_hba.conf %PG_DDIR%
> net start pgsql-8.3
> sleep 5
> pg_ctl reload -D %PG_DDIR%
>
> echo "Setting up PostgreSQL 8.3 database for Moteview"
> psql -e %PG_CONN% template1 < db_user.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_moteview.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_xsensor.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_sample_mts310.sql
>
> echo DATABASE CREATION FINISHED
>
> Appreciate your help...
>
> Regards,
> Najios

Yes 8.0 is an old version, but in this instance I would use
what is bundled with the program. There have been a lot of
changes between 8.0 and 8.3 and chances are the application
will have problems with them. So first get rid of 8.3 and
reinstall the bundled app/db. Try to connect and if not
successful post the error messages here.

Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> ----- "najmuddin hassan" <najios1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies.
>> It uses
>> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as
>> when I
>
> Yes 8.0 is an old version, but in this instance I would use
> what is bundled with the program. There have been a lot of
> changes between 8.0 and 8.3 and chances are the application
> will have problems with them. So first get rid of 8.3 and
> reinstall the bundled app/db. Try to connect and if not
> successful post the error messages here.

No way.  I might run 8.0.x where x is the latest version of 8.0, but I
would not run any system I depended on on 8.0.0.rc.

It looks like the OPs problems have to do with client authentication
and what not.

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Thursday 26 February 2009 1:51:10 pm Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> > ----- "najmuddin hassan" <najios1@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies.
> >> It uses
> >> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as
> >> when I
> >
> > Yes 8.0 is an old version, but in this instance I would use
> > what is bundled with the program. There have been a lot of
> > changes between 8.0 and 8.3 and chances are the application
> > will have problems with them. So first get rid of 8.3 and
> > reinstall the bundled app/db. Try to connect and if not
> > successful post the error messages here.
>
> No way.  I might run 8.0.x where x is the latest version of 8.0, but I
> would not run any system I depended on on 8.0.0.rc.
>
> It looks like the OPs problems have to do with client authentication
> and what not.

I would agree with your recommendation to run the latest 8.0.x in all cases
except this one. The issue is that Moteview is an app bundled with Postgres and
seems to have some setup scripts included to get things started. I am trying to
get the OP back to the baseline setup and establish that the app works out of
the box as designed by the app developers. Once that happens then it is
possible to move forward. My guess that what is happening is cross
contamination between the set up from the original install and the manual
upgrade to 8.3. Starting from the beginning narrows the variables.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM, najmuddin hassan <najios1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as when I
> launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the database is
> not available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled together with
> installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that version of
> sql is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3.

8.0 is definitely supported.  8.0.0-rc1 is NOT supported, as it was a
release candidate and is quite likely to have some nasty bugs in it.
It's why there were point releases made right up until 8.0.20
recently. And will likely be more to come.  So, it wouldn't be so bad
if they were including 8.0.20.  That's a supported release and you
find fewer data eating bugs as a release gets older, so even if it was
8.0.11 or something, there'd be a lot fewer hushed whispers of "oh my
god, that poor man" about it being 8.0.0-rc1.

> The moteview program
> has a script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby
> as I understand it is to set the database for the program as server :
> localhost, database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run
> the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection on
> port 5432.

By default, installations of pgsql do NOT answer tcp/ip ports.  You
need to read the admin docs on what exactly to do.  Quick version, in
postgresql.conf:

set listen_addresses="*"

and if 8.0.0 has it, tcp_listen or whatever that setting is near the top

in pg_hba.conf set it to allow trusted logins on 127.0.0.1 (i.e. localhost)

then restart pgsql.

Note that 8.3 may break things.

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2009 1:51:10 pm Scott Marlowe wrote:

>> > Yes 8.0 is an old version, but in this instance I would use
>> > what is bundled with the program. There have been a lot of
>> > changes between 8.0 and 8.3 and chances are the application
>> > will have problems with them. So first get rid of 8.3 and
>> > reinstall the bundled app/db. Try to connect and if not
>> > successful post the error messages here.
>>
>> No way.  I might run 8.0.x where x is the latest version of 8.0, but I
>> would not run any system I depended on on 8.0.0.rc.
>>
>> It looks like the OPs problems have to do with client authentication
>> and what not.
>
> I would agree with your recommendation to run the latest 8.0.x in all cases
> except this one. The issue is that Moteview is an app bundled with Postgres and
> seems to have some setup scripts included to get things started. I am trying to
> get the OP back to the baseline setup and establish that the app works out of
> the box as designed by the app developers. Once that happens then it is
> possible to move forward. My guess that what is happening is cross
> contamination between the set up from the original install and the manual
> upgrade to 8.3. Starting from the beginning narrows the variables.

I seriously doubt it's anything more than postgresql.conf and
pg_hba.conf settings that's keep him out.  While it's possible they've
built a custom database with all kinds of fancy UDFs and all, I kinda
doubt anyone with the brains to do that would be bundling 8.0.0-rc1.
But anything's possible.

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

Дата:
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> 8.0 is definitely supported.  8.0.0-rc1 is NOT supported, as it was a
> release candidate and is quite likely to have some nasty bugs in it.

It's worse than that: he's running on Windows, which means that this
is not just any rc version, but an rc for the first native Windows port.
We no longer support 8.0.anything on Windows because of the unfixable
bugs in that release.

If moteview is still shipping 8.0.rc1 to Windows customers in 2009,
I'd say that borders on criminal negligence.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> > 8.0 is definitely supported.  8.0.0-rc1 is NOT supported, as it was a
> > release candidate and is quite likely to have some nasty bugs in it.
>
> It's worse than that: he's running on Windows, which means that this
> is not just any rc version, but an rc for the first native Windows port.
> We no longer support 8.0.anything on Windows because of the unfixable
> bugs in that release.
>
> If moteview is still shipping 8.0.rc1 to Windows customers in 2009,
> I'd say that borders on criminal negligence.

I am sure that MoteView's license says otherwise.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
>> 8.0 is definitely supported.  8.0.0-rc1 is NOT supported, as it was a
>> release candidate and is quite likely to have some nasty bugs in it.
>
> It's worse than that: he's running on Windows, which means that this
> is not just any rc version, but an rc for the first native Windows port.
> We no longer support 8.0.anything on Windows because of the unfixable
> bugs in that release.
>
> If moteview is still shipping 8.0.rc1 to Windows customers in 2009,
> I'd say that borders on criminal negligence.

Oh my goodness, I think I've got a case of the vapors!  I'd run far
away from their stuff.  God knows what logic bombs are waiting to frag
company data in the future.

At first I thought it was just mild negligence, like letting your kids
play with lawn darts, but this is kind of right up there with sitting
a toddler on the windowsill.

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
Oh yeah, and I fully expect this product to fail to work with 8.3 due
to issues with the removed automatic conversions of types there.  I'm
sure it's chock full of:

substring(datefield,12,6) to grab some part of a date stamp and such.

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Thursday 26 February 2009 2:44:10 pm Scott Marlowe wrote:

> I seriously doubt it's anything more than postgresql.conf and
> pg_hba.conf settings that's keep him out.  While it's possible they've
> built a custom database with all kinds of fancy UDFs and all, I kinda
> doubt anyone with the brains to do that would be bundling 8.0.0-rc1.
> But anything's possible.

By now the OP knows 8.0.0-rc1 is not the version to be running. The issue is
getting the app to run. Since we are talking a bundled app it is probably best
to go back to the original bundle. Starting anywhere else brings in a lot of
assumptions and we know where that leads. Once the original bundle is up and
running then we can take a look at the setup and make the changes necessary to
move to a better version, if possible. As your later email states there could
be problems with type incompatibilities. The OP seems to be new to Postgres and
rather than throw a bunch of changes at him all at once, I thought it best to
go step by step.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061).

От
Ashish Karalkar
Дата:
najmuddin hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies.
> It uses postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something
> wrong as when I launched the program it automaticly gives me an error
> that the database is not available. The postgreSQL database
> installation is bundled together with installation disk.  I read one
> of the mail discussion that that version of sql is no longer supported
> so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview program has a script
> called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby as I understand
> it is to set the database for the program as server : localhost,
> database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run
> the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061). Is the server running on host "localhost" and
> accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432.
>
> I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading
> it has something to do with authentication....
>
> Can I have the solution to this matter. Thanks.
>

> set PG_HOST=localhost
> set PG_PORT=5432
> set PG_USER=tele
> set PG_PASS=tiny
> set PG_DBASE=task
> set PG_CONN=-h %PG_HOST% -p %PG_PORT% -U %PG_USER%
>
> set PG_DDIR="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
> set PG_BIN="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%; %PATH%
>
> if '%1' == ' ' goto START
> set PG_DDIR=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\data
> set PG_BIN=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin
> set PATH=%PG_BIN%;%PATH%
>
> : START
>
> echo %PG_BIN%
> echo %PG_DDIR%
> echo %PATH%
>
> echo "Granting permissions to access database"
> copy pg_hba.conf %PG_DDIR%
> net start pgsql-8.3
> sleep 5
> pg_ctl reload -D %PG_DDIR%
>
> echo "Setting up PostgreSQL 8.3 database for Moteview"
> psql -e %PG_CONN% template1 < db_user.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_moteview.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_xsensor.sql
> psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_sample_mts310.sql
>
> echo DATABASE CREATION FINISHED
>
> Appreciate your help...
>
> Regards,
> Najios

Do you have listen_adress in postgresql.conf set properly i.e. to the
listen to the adress from where connection is comming or just *  to
listen to all adresses.
this postgresql.conf file is in PG_DDIR

With Regards
--Ashish