Обсуждение: Array in nested query

Array in nested query

От
"Ken Winter"

I’m trying to look up the columns in a constraint in pg_catalog (of PostgreSQL 8.0.x).  I can’t figure out how to “join” the elements of the array that lists the ‘attnum’s of the columns in the table to the ‘conkey’ array in the constraint definition (see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-constraint.html and http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-attribute.html ).

The problem is in the last line of this query:

SELECT a.attname AS name

FROM pg_catalog.pg_class t, pg_catalog.pg_attribute a

WHERE t.oid = 3626912

    AND a.attrelid = t.oid

    AND a.attnum = any (select conkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint WHERE oid = 3708025)

I have tried all the variations on this syntax that I can think of, after plowing through all the documentation of arrays I can find in http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/index.html, and none of them work.

Any ideas?

~ TIA

~ Ken

Re: Array in nested query

От
Fernando Moreno
Дата:
What error are you getting?

I tried your query and I had to add an explicit cast to smallint[] to
make it work. Like this:

... a.attnum = any ((select conkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint WHERE
> oid = 3708025)::smallint[]);

It seems strange to me, I didn't expect the ANY clause to need that
cast. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Cheers.

Re: Array in nested query

От
Gerhard Heift
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 05:36:11PM -0500, Ken Winter wrote:
>    I'm trying to look up the columns in a constraint in pg_catalog (of
>    PostgreSQL 8.0.x).  I can't figure out how to "join" the elements of the
>    array that lists the `attnum's of the columns in the table to the `conkey'
>    array in the constraint definition (see
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-constraint.html and
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-attribute.html ).
>
>    The problem is in the last line of this query:
>
>    SELECT a.attname AS name
>
>    FROM pg_catalog.pg_class t, pg_catalog.pg_attribute a
>
>    WHERE t.oid = 3626912
>
>        AND a.attrelid = t.oid
>
>        AND a.attnum = any (select conkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint WHERE
>    oid = 3708025)

SELECT a.attname AS name
  FROM pg_catalog.pg_class t, pg_catalog.pg_attribute a
  WHERE t.oid = 3626912
    AND a.attrelid = t.oid
    AND a.attnum IN (SELECT conkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint WHERE oid = 3708025)

>    I have tried all the variations on this syntax that I can think of, after
>    plowing through all the documentation of arrays I can find in
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/index.html, and none of them
>    work.
>
>    Any ideas?
>
>    ~ TIA
>
>    ~ Ken

Regards,
  Gerhard

Вложения

Re: Array in nested query

От
Osvaldo Kussama
Дата:
2009/2/15 Fernando Moreno <azazel.7@gmail.com>:
> What error are you getting?
>
> I tried your query and I had to add an explicit cast to smallint[] to
> make it work. Like this:
>
> ... a.attnum = any ((select conkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint WHERE
>> oid = 3708025)::smallint[]);
>
> It seems strange to me, I didn't expect the ANY clause to need that
> cast. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Look this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00496.php

Osvaldo

Re: Array in nested query

От
"Ken Winter"
Thanks, Osvaldo and Fernando - your solution works!