Обсуждение: PGAdmin and records as inserts (like in SQLyog)

PGAdmin and records as inserts (like in SQLyog)

От
durumdara
Дата:
Hi!

I wanna ask, that have the PGAdmin same possibility (like in SQLyog) to
copy records (from the Query, from the Table View)  to clipboard in the
"INSERT SQL" format?

This can speed up the work, and I can insert the record to another table
that have similar (but a little different) format without field content
confusion.

Thanks for your help:
     dd

Re: PGAdmin and records as inserts (like in SQLyog)

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 04/02/2009 12:31, durumdara wrote:
> I wanna ask, that have the PGAdmin same possibility (like in SQLyog) to
> copy records (from the Query, from the Table View)  to clipboard in the
> "INSERT SQL" format?
>
> This can speed up the work, and I can insert the record to another table
> that have similar (but a little different) format without field content
> confusion.

I don't think so, but you can use the pg_dump utility with the -D option
to generate plain-text dump files with INSERT statements and column
specifiers; then copy-and-paste the rows you need via your favourite
text editor.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie