Обсуждение: How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database

How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database

От
"Venkat Rao Tammineni"

Dear All,

  I using PosgreSql8.1.I want to import Excel into PostgreSQL database. Is there any way to import ? .

Please anyone can guide me.

I am waiting for your great response.

Thanks

Venkat.

Re: How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database

От
Julio Cesar Sánchez González
Дата:
Venkat Rao Tammineni escribió:

> Dear All,
>

>   I using PosgreSql8.1.I want to import Excel into PostgreSQL
> database. Is there any way to import ? .
>

> Please anyone can guide me.
>

> I am waiting for your great response.
>

> Thanks
>
> Venkat.

Try with csv format and think it's going a nothing problem. See
http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/2007/06/importar-datos-externos-nuestra-base-de.html
for example.

Julio Cesar Sánchez González.

--
Ahora me he convertido en la muerte, destructora de mundos.
Soy la Muerte que se lleva todo, la fuente de las cosas que vendran.

www.sistemasyconectividad.com.mx        http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/

Re: How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database

От
"Venkat Rao Tammineni"
Дата:
Hi,
   Thanks a lot.

Regards
Venkat.

>   I using PosgreSql8.1.I want to import Excel into PostgreSQL
> database. Is there any way to import ? .
>

> Please anyone can guide me.
>

> I am waiting for your great response.
>

> Thanks
>
> Venkat.

Try with csv format and think it's going a nothing problem. See
http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/2007/06/importar-datos-externos-nuestra-base-d
e.html
for example.

Julio Cesar Sánchez González.

--
Ahora me he convertido en la muerte, destructora de mundos.
Soy la Muerte que se lleva todo, la fuente de las cosas que vendran.

www.sistemasyconectividad.com.mx        http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/

Re: How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database

От
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Дата:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:43:36 -0600
Julio Cesar Sánchez González <knowhow@sistemasyconectividad.com.mx>
wrote:

> Venkat Rao Tammineni escribió:

> Try with csv format and think it's going a nothing problem. See
> http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/2007/06/importar-datos-externos-nuestra-base-de.html
> for example.

If this doesn't come to a satisfactory end [1] you may try with
odbc/dblink.

[1]
a) you may need to do it programmatically without manually opening
the excel sheet and pressing buttons
b) you may discover they dropped proper csv export between releases
as it happened to me moving from MS SQL 2000 to 2005

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it