Обсуждение: Binary Postgresql Package

Binary Postgresql Package

От
"Irwan Hadi"
Дата:
We are planning to use Postgres for one of our production database
system. I noticed when I go to http://www.postgresql.org/download/,
the one click binary package for Linux is actually an enterpriseDB
package (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#linux-x64)
I also noticed that EnterpriseDB mentioned on
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/purchase.do that this binary file
needs to be licensed if it is going to be used for production.

My question now is, is this binary package that is linked from
postgresql.org free to be used for production? Or do we need to
license it appropriately?

Thanks

Re: Binary Postgresql Package

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Irwan Hadi <iblist18@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are planning to use Postgres for one of our production database
> system. I noticed when I go to http://www.postgresql.org/download/,
> the one click binary package for Linux is actually an enterpriseDB
> package (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#linux-x64)

We package it, but it's completely free.

> I also noticed that EnterpriseDB mentioned on
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/purchase.do that this binary file
> needs to be licensed if it is going to be used for production.

That's referring to Advanced Server which is a separate product.

> My question now is, is this binary package that is linked from
> postgresql.org free to be used for production?

Yes, both the PostgreSQL and Postgres Plus Standard Server packages
are free. Only Advanced Server requires a licence.

--
Dave Page