Обсуждение: tcp_keepalives_idle setting

tcp_keepalives_idle setting

От
Maximilian Tyrtania
Дата:
Hi,

recently Tom Lane wrote:

"henry" writes:
>> I have tried setting tcp_keepalives_idle = 120 (eg), then restarting PG,
>> but SHOW ALL; shows tcp_keepalives_idle=0 (ignoring my setting).

>Just FYI, this is the expected behavior on platforms where the kernel
>doesn't allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from
>userspace.

I'm running pg 8.3.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 and I'm seeing the same behaviour as
Henry.
I'm trying to find out if Mac OS belongs to those platforms that doesn't
allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from userspace, and if so,
how i can change the systems settings as root.

Maximilian Tyrtania | IT-Entwickler
Mty@fischerAppelt.de
fischerAppelt Kommunikation GmbH

Re: tcp_keepalives_idle setting

От
"Fujii Masao"
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Maximilian Tyrtania
<mty@fischerappelt.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently Tom Lane wrote:
>
> "henry" writes:
>>> I have tried setting tcp_keepalives_idle = 120 (eg), then restarting PG,
>>> but SHOW ALL; shows tcp_keepalives_idle=0 (ignoring my setting).
>
>>Just FYI, this is the expected behavior on platforms where the kernel
>>doesn't allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from
>>userspace.
>
> I'm running pg 8.3.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 and I'm seeing the same behaviour as
> Henry.
> I'm trying to find out if Mac OS belongs to those platforms that doesn't
> allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from userspace, and if so,
> how i can change the systems settings as root.

Do you use TCP/IP socket when you execute SHOW ALL? Those parameters
are ignored via Unix-domain socket.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: tcp_keepalives_idle setting

От
Maximilian Tyrtania
Дата:
Hi,

Am 11.12.2008 2:23 Uhr schrieb "Fujii Masao" unter <masao.fujii@gmail.com>:

>> I'm running pg 8.3.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 and I'm seeing the same behaviour as
>> Henry.
>> I'm trying to find out if Mac OS belongs to those platforms that doesn't
>> allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from userspace, and if so,
>> how i can change the systems settings as root.
>
> Do you use TCP/IP socket when you execute SHOW ALL? Those parameters
> are ignored via Unix-domain socket.

Yes, i am using a tcp/ip socket. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Thanks,

Maximilian Tyrtania