Обсуждение: Multi Lingual problem

Multi Lingual problem

От
"ravi kiran"
Дата:
I am using the psqlodbc driver to connect to postgresql... But this is not supporting all the languages that UTF should support.. Database is of the correct encoding that is UTF... can you please give a solution so that i can psqlodbc supports multiple languages. Right now there is support for russian characters from my application.. thanks in advance for any replies

Re: Multi Lingual problem

От
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Дата:
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:35:35PM +0530,
 ravi kiran <ravysters@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> I am using the psqlodbc driver to connect to postgresql... But this
> is not supporting all the languages that UTF should support..

An important thing: the Unicode character set, encoded as
UTF-something, does not support *languages* but *scripts*.

> can you please give a solution so that i can psqlodbc supports
> multiple languages.

You provide almost no details so I do not think that anyone could
help. Please give more information (code, error messages, etc).

> Right now there is support for russian characters from my
> application..

You mean the cyrillic characters? They are not specific to
russian. Cyrillic is a script, russian a language.