Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 8.3.5 client_encoding WIN1251 trouble

PostgreSQL 8.3.5 client_encoding WIN1251 trouble

От
"Dr.ONE"
Дата:
Hello!

Still having troubles with client_encoding
I have database in KOI8-R encoding. When I try to SET NAMES 'WIN' and
do a select, I have such error:

ERROR:  character 0x8b9a of encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" has no equivalent
in "WIN1251"

The database is about 3Gb size and needs to be in koi8, but client
encoding needs to be windows-1251

What should I do? Searching mailing list gives patches to
cyrillic_and_mic.c for such kind of problems, but in PostgreSQL v8.3.5
 they're alredy in (out of the box).

Please help...

Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.5 client_encoding WIN1251 trouble

От
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:19:27PM +0300,
 Dr.ONE <drone76@mail.ru> wrote
 a message of 22 lines which said:

> I have database in KOI8-R encoding. ... ERROR: character 0x8b9a of
> encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" has no equivalent in "WIN1251"

Are you sure it is KOI8? The KOI8 encoding is monobyte and you can see
in PostgreSQL message a two-bytes character and MULE_INTERNAL is not
KOI8 <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/multibyte.html>

[My advice is to always put the database in UTF-8 but that's another
story.]