Обсуждение: filter statements in logs

filter statements in logs

От
"Jaime Casanova"
Дата:
Hi,

A client has a web system that uses ADODB for php, and that driver is
executing "select version()", "SET DATESTYLE TO 'ISO'" and at least
one or two more statements a *lot* of times (almost 1000000 times in 3
hours, and this is just "select version()"), i tried to understand why
but it seems it is for knowing the correct way of looking in catalogs.

But this is just noise in the logs. And when i try to use pgFouine to
analyze logs it shouts because of the size of them, almost 450Mb in a
few hours.

My question: is there a way to avoid logging some predefined statements?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Re: filter statements in logs

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Jaime Casanova
<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A client has a web system that uses ADODB for php, and that driver is
> executing "select version()", "SET DATESTYLE TO 'ISO'" and at least
> one or two more statements a *lot* of times (almost 1000000 times in 3
> hours, and this is just "select version()"), i tried to understand why
> but it seems it is for knowing the correct way of looking in catalogs.
>
> But this is just noise in the logs. And when i try to use pgFouine to
> analyze logs it shouts because of the size of them, almost 450Mb in a
> few hours.
>
> My question: is there a way to avoid logging some predefined statements?

The only way I can think of is to use apache's log rotator and when
you setup the rotation do something like:

postgres -D ... | grep -v "things I don't wanna see no more"| grep -v
"another thing I don't wanna see no more"| rotatelogs filename 86400

Re: filter statements in logs

От
"Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz"

postgres -D ... | grep -v "things I don't wanna see no more"| grep -v
"another thing I don't wanna see no more"| rotatelogs filename 86400
or:

grep -Ev "I don't wanna see you no more|and you too|and your cat too"

;)

--
GJ