Обсуждение: No select permission on a table but can query it

No select permission on a table but can query it

От
Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl
Дата:
I think that this is a strange question, but: I need to revoke the
select permission on a table, but I also need to leave, with a function,
a user do a query on column.
A real case can be that a user "test" cannot have the permissions for do
a "select * from articles", but for do a "select has_article('an_article')"
where has_article are:

FUNCTION has_article (text) RETURNS articles AS $$
    SELECT * from articles WHERE id_article=$1;
$$ LANGUAGE SQL

Into my tries I receive always a
ERROR:  permission denied for relation articles

It's there a solution?

Thanks,
Michele

Re: No select permission on a table but can query it

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl
<michele.petrazzo@unipex.it> wrote:
> I think that this is a strange question, but: I need to revoke the
> select permission on a table, but I also need to leave, with a function,
> a user do a query on column.
> A real case can be that a user "test" cannot have the permissions for do
> a "select * from articles", but for do a "select has_article('an_article')"
> where has_article are:

Look up "security definer" for functions.

Re: No select permission on a table but can query it

От
Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> I think that this is a strange question, but: I need to revoke the
>> select permission on a table, but I also need to leave, with a function,
>> a user do a query on column.
>> A real case can be that a user "test" cannot have the permissions for do
>> a "select * from articles", but for do a "select has_article('an_article')"
>> where has_article are:
>
> Look up "security definer" for functions.

It was!

Thanks,
MIchele