Обсуждение: Making a RPM installer

Making a RPM installer

От
Jamie Deppeler
Дата:
Hi,

Not sure if this the correct place to post this issue but hopefully
someone can help.

I am building a rpm for RHEL 5
    The rpm contains a compiled version for  postgresql-8.3.3 and tomcat
6 and java 1.6.

     When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
following dependence issues

        libodbc.so is needed
        libodbcinst.so is needed

Postgresql has been compiled with the following line

    ./configure --without-readline --without-zlib

Any help would be greatly received.

Re: Making a RPM installer

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:28 +1000, Jamie Deppeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this the correct place to post this issue but hopefully
> someone can help.

Any reason why you just wouldn't use:

http://www.pgsqlrpms.org

and

http://www.jpackage.org/

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I am building a rpm for RHEL 5
>     The rpm contains a compiled version for  postgresql-8.3.3 and tomcat
> 6 and java 1.6.
>
>      When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
> following dependence issues
>
>         libodbc.so is needed
>         libodbcinst.so is needed
>

> Postgresql has been compiled with the following line
>
>     ./configure --without-readline --without-zlib
>
> Any help would be greatly received.

Re: Making a RPM installer

От
Jamie Deppeler
Дата:
There is a few reason why I am making this installer

1. Need to make a installer that just uses one rpm file
2. It needs to come with a prebuild database
3. Custom changes have been made to tomcat configuration

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:02 +1000, Jamie Deppeler wrote:
> There is a few reason why I am making this installer
>
> 1. Need to make a installer that just uses one rpm file
> 2. It needs to come with a prebuild database
> 3. Custom changes have been made to tomcat configuration

Fair enough :) but it seems to me the way to do that is to make an rpm
that has the dependencies of the other rpms and then has a setup script
that builds the database, configures tomcat etc...

That way you don't break packaging, you meet your requirements and you
don't have anything funky going on :).

Just a suggestion.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:28 +1000, Jamie Deppeler wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Not sure if this the correct place to post this issue but hopefully
> >> someone can help.
> >>

> > Any reason why you just wouldn't use:
> >
> > http://www.pgsqlrpms.org
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.jpackage.org/
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Joshua D. Drake
> >

> >> I am building a rpm for RHEL 5
> >>     The rpm contains a compiled version for  postgresql-8.3.3 and tomcat
> >> 6 and java 1.6.
> >>
> >>      When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
> >> following dependence issues
> >>
> >>         libodbc.so is needed
> >>         libodbcinst.so is needed
> >>

> >> Postgresql has been compiled with the following line
> >>
> >>     ./configure --without-readline --without-zlib
> >>
> >> Any help would be greatly received.

Re: Making a RPM installer

Дата:
Jamie Deppeler <jamie@doitonce.net.au> writes:
> I am building a rpm for RHEL 5
>     The rpm contains a compiled version for  postgresql-8.3.3 and tomcat
> 6 and java 1.6.

>      When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
> following dependence issues
>         libodbc.so is needed
>         libodbcinst.so is needed

You must be including more than you said, because AFAIK none of those
components should depend on libodbc.  Try going through all the .so
files included in the RPM with "ldd" to see which one(s) depend on these
libraries.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Making a RPM installer

От
Jamie Deppeler
Дата:
Tried to use  "ldd" but i am getting  not a dynamic executable

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jamie Deppeler <jamie@doitonce.net.au> writes:
>
>> I am building a rpm for RHEL 5
>>     The rpm contains a compiled version for  postgresql-8.3.3 and tomcat
>> 6 and java 1.6.
>>

>>      When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
>> following dependence issues
>>         libodbc.so is needed
>>         libodbcinst.so is needed
>>

> You must be including more than you said, because AFAIK none of those
> components should depend on libodbc.  Try going through all the .so
> files included in the RPM with "ldd" to see which one(s) depend on these
> libraries.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Making a RPM installer

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:02 +1000, Jamie Deppeler wrote:
> There is a few reason why I am making this installer
>
> 1. Need to make a installer that just uses one rpm file

"Need" or "want"? I'd not maintain one RPM file that contains Tomcat5,
Java and PostgreSQL -- it would be PITA, imho. But of course, that is
me.

> 2. It needs to come with a prebuild database
> 3. Custom changes have been made to tomcat configuration

Both (2) and (3) are doable with both custom init scripts and custom
%post operations in spec file. I have done (2) in the past. You can add
your custom SQL file either to spec file or to init script. Same is
valid for (3). Add those changes as a patch to RPM itself

-HTH.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: Making a RPM installer

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:28 +1000, Jamie Deppeler wrote:
>      When i try to install the rpm on blank test system i get the
> following dependence issues
>
>         libodbc.so is needed
>         libodbcinst.so is needed

These both come from unixODBC package -- install that package first.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения