Обсуждение: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

От
Susan Crayne
Дата:
I am attempting to install the postrgresql-8.3.3-1 download on Windows Vista.  When I get to the "Ready to install"
dialogand click OK, I get the message "Another installation is in progress", and I need to click on cancel and end the
installation-- otherwise I am in a loop.  This happens even after I reboot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Susan

Re: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Susan Crayne <susancrayne@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to install the postrgresql-8.3.3-1 download on Windows Vista.  When I get to the "Ready to install"
dialogand click OK, I get the message "Another installation is in progress", and I need to click on cancel and end the
installation-- otherwise I am in a loop.  This happens even after I reboot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like your installer database is, umm, confused. I assume
you're running setup.bat? If so, try just running the vcredist
executable on it's own. If that completes OK, then try
postgresql-8.3.msi.

--
Dave Page

Re: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

От
Martin Gainty
Дата:
Linux
ps -ef | grep NameOfInstallProgram

Windows
<ctl/alt/del>
go to Task Manager
from Application Manager or Process Management
If you see the install program delete it

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:16:57 -0700
> From: susancrayne@yahoo.com
> Subject: [GENERAL] Installation problem -- another installation is in progress
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> I am attempting to install the postrgresql-8.3.3-1 download on Windows Vista. When I get to the "Ready to install" dialog and click OK, I get the message "Another installation is in progress", and I need to click on cancel and end the installation -- otherwise I am in a loop. This happens even after I reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Susan

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

Re: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress

От
Susan Crayne
Дата:
Thanks for your prompt response. Actually, I solved the problem after posting.  When I got to the "Ready to Install"
dialog,in the Task Manager, there were 4 instances of msiexec.exe running.  I experimented with deleting 3 of them.  At
first,I killed the whole install, but finally I deleting the correct three, and the install ran to completion.

Susan