Обсуждение: finding firstname + lastname groups

finding firstname + lastname groups

От
"blackwater dev"
Дата:
I have to find the same firstname+ lastname combo in my db and see which name appears the most so I basically need to do the following:

select name, count(name) from people group by name having count(name)>1

The problem is name is not one column but made up of firstname, lastname...how do I do this?

Thanks!

Re: finding firstname + lastname groups

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:38 PM, blackwater dev <blackwaterdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to find the same firstname+ lastname combo in my db and see which
> name appears the most so I basically need to do the following:
>
> select name, count(name) from people group by name having count(name)>1
>
> The problem is name is not one column but made up of firstname,
> lastname...how do I do this?

You can concatenate them.  Just use a unique separator like a : symbol
or something.   You can do it with a subselect if you like, or in a
single level query.

select last||':'||first, count(last||':'||first) from people group by
last||':'||first having count(last||':'||first) > 1

OR subselect style:

select a.wholename, count(a.wholename) from
    (select last||':'||first as wholename from people) as a
group by a.wholename having count(a.wholename) > 1

Re: finding firstname + lastname groups

От
Sam Mason
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 03:38:28PM -0400, blackwater dev wrote:
> The problem is name is not one column but made up of firstname,
> lastname...how do I do this?

I'd probably do something like:

  SELECT firstname, lastname, COUNT(*)
  FROM people