Обсуждение: editing functions/triggers etc..

editing functions/triggers etc..

От
john
Дата:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has written a tool that will drop (cascade) then
allow the edit and then restore the functions/triggers including the adding
the function/triggers to the inserts/deletes/etc.. to the tables.

It turns out that have to change 50 fifty triggers.  At the moment I create a
list of the tables -remove the link, edit the code, restore the link.  This
is not working very well.

TIA

John

Re: editing functions/triggers etc..

От
Niklas Johansson
Дата:
On 24 maj 2008, at 17.03, john wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has written a tool that will drop
> (cascade) then
> allow the edit and then restore the functions/triggers including
> the adding
> the function/triggers to the inserts/deletes/etc.. to the tables.

Just use

CREATE OR REPLACE your_trigger_function() RETURNS TRIGGER AS ...

to replace the trigger function in place.

Sincerely,

Niklas Johansson

Re: editing functions/triggers etc..

От
johnf
Дата:
On Monday 26 May 2008 02:17:59 am Niklas Johansson wrote:
> On 24 maj 2008, at 17.03, john wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has written a tool that will drop
> > (cascade) then
> > allow the edit and then restore the functions/triggers including
> > the adding
> > the function/triggers to the inserts/deletes/etc.. to the tables.
>
> Just use
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE your_trigger_function() RETURNS TRIGGER AS ...
>
> to replace the trigger function in place.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Niklas Johansson

I'm away at the moment but that thanks it looks to be the solution.  Do I feel
dumb!

--
John Fabiani