Обсуждение: Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

От
"Filip Rembiałkowski"

Hello

[ this was previously sent to dbd-pg mailing list ]

I have a problem with DBD::Pg connecting to postgres 8.2

[debug] calling bind_param( 6, '14 days', { 'pg_type' => 704 } )
Cannot bind 6, sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

what can this mean?

I would think that both INTERVAL => 1186 and  TINTERVAL => 704  are valid values for bind_param pg_type hash

$ perl -MDBD::Pg -le 'print $DBD::Pg::VERSION'
2.7.2
$ perl -MDBI -le 'print $DBI::VERSION'
1.604

Perl itself is v5.8.8 from Debian etch.

--
Filip Rembiałkowski

Re: Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

Дата:
"=?UTF-8?Q?Filip_Rembia=C5=82kowski?=" <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:
> Cannot bind 6, sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

> what can this mean?

It means tinterval is not supported by DBD::Pg.

Since tinterval is a nonstandard, deprecated type that will be removed
someday, I doubt that DBD::Pg should spend any effort on adding support
for it.  You'd be best advised not to use it in your applications.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

От
"Filip Rembiałkowski"
Дата:
2008/5/22 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
"Filip Rembiałkowski" <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:
> Cannot bind 6, sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

> what can this mean?

It means tinterval is not supported by DBD::Pg.

Since tinterval is a nonstandard, deprecated type that will be removed
someday, I doubt that DBD::Pg should spend any effort on adding support
for it.  You'd be best advised not to use it in your applications.

the same with interval type:

calling bind_param( 6, '14 days', { 'pg_type' => 1186 } )
Cannot bind 6, sql_type interval not supported by DBD::Pg

Filip Rembiałkowski

Re: Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

От
Radoslaw Zielinski
Дата:
Filip Rembiałkowski <plk.zuber@gmail.com> [23-05-2008 10:58]:
[...]
> the same with interval type:
[...]

http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=36138

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek@pld-linux.org>

Вложения

Re: Fwd: sql_type tinterval not supported by DBD::Pg

От
"Filip Rembiałkowski"

Well, what can I say; thanks Radek.

I am looking forward to see this fix included in stable DBD::Pg realease

2008/5/23 Radoslaw Zielinski <radek@pld-linux.org>:
Filip Rembiałkowski <plk.zuber@gmail.com> [23-05-2008 10:58]:
[...]
> the same with interval type: