Обсуждение: i am looking for postgresql hosting server

i am looking for postgresql hosting server

От
paragasu
Дата:
 i am planning to use postgresql server as a database backend of my project.
 currently, i have mysql5 database hosted on my VPS.
 my VPS only have 512MB ram and i already install many server inside. Apache2, Dovecot, postfix
 to name a few.

I am looking for postgresql dedicated hosting. I just want to use the database but my application
is on my own server (only the database in different server). Currently, most postgresql hosting
bundled with website (apache2 etc) which is i don't need.

Anyone know this type of service exists?

Re: i am looking for postgresql hosting server

От
Chris
paragasu wrote:
>  i am planning to use postgresql server as a database backend of my project.
>  currently, i have mysql5 database hosted on my VPS.
>  my VPS only have 512MB ram and i already install many server inside.
> Apache2, Dovecot, postfix
>  to name a few.
>
> I am looking for postgresql dedicated hosting. I just want to use the
> database but my application
> is on my own server (only the database in different server). Currently,
> most postgresql hosting
> bundled with website (apache2 etc) which is i don't need.
>
> Anyone know this type of service exists?

If you get another vps account, just ssh in and either disable or remove
apache and then configure postgres as you need.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: i am looking for postgresql hosting server

От
Kevin Hunter
Дата:
At 4:36a -0400 on Tue, 20 May 2008, paragasu wrote:
> I am looking for postgresql dedicated hosting.

Have you looked at the Postgres site?

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

If you're to be your own sysadmin/dba, you might also consider something
like slicehost.  I've heard a lot of hype for them recently.

Kevin

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Kevin Hunter <hunteke@earlham.edu> wrote:
At 4:36a -0400 on Tue, 20 May 2008, paragasu wrote:
> I am looking for postgresql dedicated hosting.

Have you looked at the Postgres site?

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

If you're to be your own sysadmin/dba, you might also consider something
like slicehost.  I've heard a lot of hype for them recently.

Kevin

i did see the list. i will look into  slicehost..
thanks