Обсуждение: escaping and quoting

escaping and quoting

От
Maarten Deprez
Дата:
Hello.

My dbmail server using postgresql produces a lot of warnings about '\\'
in strings. The particular string it is complaining about is escaped by
EscapeBytea, and included in single quotes (not E''). Is it all right to
set standard_compliant_strings to on?

Greetings,
Maarten Deprez

Function to return both integer and SETOF refcursor

От
Chuck Bai
Дата:
I got the following error when try to create a function to return an
integer and SETOF refcursor. I want to get refcursors back along with an
Out parameter in one function. There seems to be a conflict on return
type. How do I fix it? Thanks.

ERROR:  function result type must be integer because of OUT parameters

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION testrefcursor(IN uid integer, OUT tcount integer)
  RETURNS SETOF  refcursor AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
  o_user refcursor;
  o_name refcursor;
BEGIN
    tcount := 100; -- add some logic to calculate tcount
    OPEN o_user FOR SELECT * FROM usr_table where usr_id = uid;
    RETURN NEXT o_user;
    OPEN o_name FOR SELECT * FROM temp_table;
    RETURN NEXT o_name;
END;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
  COST 100;

Re: Function to return both integer and SETOF refcursor

Дата:
Chuck Bai <cbai22@gmail.com> writes:
> I got the following error when try to create a function to return an
> integer and SETOF refcursor.

You can't.  Perhaps it'd be enough to return the same integer value in
each row of the output?

            regards, tom lane