Обсуждение: no privileges were granted

no privileges were granted

От
Volkan YAZICI
Дата:
Hi,

When I try to grant execution permissions of a function to a role,
PostgreSQL warns that "no privileges were granted"
(backend/catalog/aclchk.c:221).

test_1_5_0_0=> \df+ emove.emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv
List of functions
-[ RECORD 1 ]-------+-------------------------------------------
Schema              | emove
Name                | emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv
Result data type    | trigger
Argument data types |
Volatility          | volatile
Owner               | emove
Language            | plpgsql
Source code         |
                    : BEGIN
                    :     DELETE FROM commsrv.outgoingmessages
                    :           WHERE messageid = OLD.messageid;
                    :
                    :     RETURN OLD;
                    : END;
                    :
Description         |

test_1_5_0_0=> GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION emove.emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv() TO emove;
WARNING:  no privileges were granted for "emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv"
GRANT

Does anybody have an idea about what might be causing the problem? By
the way, is there any (preferably psql) shortcut to list permissions of
a function?

Regards.

Re: no privileges were granted

Дата:
Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> writes:
> test_1_5_0_0=> GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION emove.emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv() TO emove;
> WARNING:  no privileges were granted for "emove_outgoingmessages_delete_for_commsrv"
> GRANT

> Does anybody have an idea about what might be causing the problem?

What this means is that the user doing the GRANT doesn't actually have
permissions to do it.  (Yeah, the message pretty much sucks, but the
behavior is mandated by SQL spec.)

Most likely, you aren't the owner of the function.

            regards, tom lane