Обсуждение: No pgxs.mk with win32 binaries

No pgxs.mk with win32 binaries

От
Mike Leahy
Дата:
Hello list,

I'm trying to build the PL/R module on Win32 with PostgreSQL 8.3.  I've
done this before with no trouble using several 8.2.x versions of
PostgreSQL (from the win32 installer).  However, now that I'm trying to
update things for 8.3, it seems that the pgxs.mk file needed by the PL/R
Makefile is not included with the PostgreSQL 8.3 installer (PL/R is
looking for this file in this location:
c:/progra~1/postgresql/8.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk).  I checked
in the other zip packages listed on the win32 downloads page, and it's
not in either of those.  Are these files no longer part of PostgreSQL
as-of 8.3, or might they be downloadable from some other location?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mike

Re: No pgxs.mk with win32 binaries

Дата:
Mike Leahy <mgleahy@alumni.uwaterloo.ca> writes:
> I'm trying to build the PL/R module on Win32 with PostgreSQL 8.3.  I've
> done this before with no trouble using several 8.2.x versions of
> PostgreSQL (from the win32 installer).  However, now that I'm trying to
> update things for 8.3, it seems that the pgxs.mk file needed by the PL/R
> Makefile is not included with the PostgreSQL 8.3 installer (PL/R is
> looking for this file in this location:
> c:/progra~1/postgresql/8.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk).

Hmm, it certainly should be there somewhere, but the path might be
either of these:
    .../lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
    .../lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
depending on exactly how the build was done. If it's not there at
all this is an installer bug.

            regards, tom lane

Re: No pgxs.mk with win32 binaries

От
Mike Leahy
Дата:
 > Hmm, it certainly should be there somewhere, but the path might be
 > either of these:
 >     .../lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
 >     .../lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
 > depending on exactly how the build was done. If it's not there at
 > all this is an installer bug.
 >
 >            regards, tom lane

These are definitely not there in the installed files (all I have in
/lib are dll/lib files).  I've also searched the entire installation
folder for pgxs.mk, and checked the non-installer package for the same.

Mike