Обсуждение: turning off notices

turning off notices

От
"Sue Fitt"
Дата:
Hi All,

I'm having trouble with turning off notices. Within psql I use \set VERBOSITY terse, which is fine. However, using psql -c I am having trouble. It seems I should be able to use psql -qc 'mycommand' but I am still getting notices output, e.g.

psql -d combilex -qc 'SELECT * FROM show(1135311);'
NOTICE:  phonotactic error, please check transcription
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT etc....

Is there a way to turn these notices off other than reconfiguring the conf file and restarting the database? I am using 8.1.3.

Any help appreciated,
Sue

Re: turning off notices

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello

try:

echo '\set VERBOSITY terse\\SELECT * FROM show(1135311);' | psql -d combilex -q

Regards
Pavel Stehule

On 19/01/2008, Sue Fitt <sfitt@fittconway.plus.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having trouble with turning off notices. Within psql I use \set
> VERBOSITY terse, which is fine. However, using psql -c I am having trouble.
> It seems I should be able to use psql -qc 'mycommand' but I am still getting
> notices output, e.g.
>
> psql -d combilex -qc 'SELECT * FROM show(1135311);'
> NOTICE:  phonotactic error, please check transcription
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT etc....
>
> Is there a way to turn these notices off other than reconfiguring the conf
> file and restarting the database? I am using 8.1.3.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Sue

Re: turning off notices

От
"Sue Fitt"
Дата:
Thanks, this is a help - it has turned off the CONTEXT part, but the NOTICE
is still there.

Just looked at the same query inside psql for comparison, with '\set
VERBOSITY terse', but actually I see that here I am getting both NOTICE and
CONTEXT. Not sure what's going on here...

Anyway, it's the NOTICE in psql -c that's mainly concerning me at the
moment. Ideas anyone, or can these notices not be turned off?

Sue

> echo '\set VERBOSITY terse\\SELECT * FROM show(1135311);' | psql -d
> combilex -q
>
> Regards
> Pavel Stehule
>
> On 19/01/2008, Sue Fitt <sfitt@fittconway.plus.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm having trouble with turning off notices. Within psql I use \set
>> VERBOSITY terse, which is fine. However, using psql -c I am having
>> trouble.
>> It seems I should be able to use psql -qc 'mycommand' but I am still
>> getting
>> notices output, e.g.
>>
>> psql -d combilex -qc 'SELECT * FROM show(1135311);'
>> NOTICE:  phonotactic error, please check transcription
>> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT etc....
>>
>> Is there a way to turn these notices off other than reconfiguring the
>> conf
>> file and restarting the database? I am using 8.1.3.
>>
>> Any help appreciated,
>> Sue
>
> --
> This email has been verified as Virus free.

Re: turning off notices

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Sue Fitt wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having trouble with turning off notices. Within psql I use \set
> VERBOSITY terse, which is fine. However, using psql -c I am having
> trouble. It seems I should be able to use psql -qc 'mycommand' but I am
> still getting notices output, e.g.
>
> psql -d combilex -qc 'SELECT * FROM show(1135311);'
> NOTICE:  phonotactic error, please check transcription
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT etc....
>
> Is there a way to turn these notices off other than reconfiguring the
> conf file and restarting the database? I am using 8.1.3.

If you want no notices, you could try "set client_min_messages TO
WARNING".

Re: turning off notices

От
"Sue Fitt"
Дата:
Thanks, a combination of the two answers solves it:

echo 'set client_min_messages TO WARNING; SELECT * FROM show(1135311);' |
psql -d combilex

Notices and their context now gone. Not sure why I had to use ';' rather
than '\\' to join the two statements, but it's working so I'm happy.

Sue