Обсуждение: maximum size of plpgsql function parameter

maximum size of plpgsql function parameter

От
Ottavio Campana
Дата:
I want to pass some text to a function which is going to store it for
some tsearch queries.

Is there a limit on the length of the text I can pass to a function?

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

Вложения

Re: maximum size of plpgsql function parameter

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello

theoretically there are only limits on data types 1GB. But really big
fields has negative impact on speed (it depends on RAM). If you have
fields bigger than 10-20M, than is better to use BLOBs.

Regards
Pavel Stehule