Обсуждение: Improve Search

Improve Search

От
carter ck
Дата:
Hi all,

Has anyone come across a solution for faster and powerful search stored procedure in a table that contains more than
500Kof records?

I am currently trying to work around with it. All helps are appreciated.

Thanks.
Express yourself with the latest Windows Live Messenger! Get it free today!
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all

Re: Improve Search

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On 11/1/07, carter ck <carterck32@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone come across a solution for faster and powerful search stored procedure in a table that contains more than
500Kof records?

> I am currently trying to work around with it. All helps are appreciated.

Are you using the tsearch2 full text engine?  If not, you're missing
the boat for fast searching text.  But you didn't really tell us what
exactly you're searching on, so I'm just guessing.

Re: Improve Search

От
carter ck
Дата:
Hm. No. I am not using tsearch2. I have looked at the documentation, but not sure how it benefits me.

I am searching for text such as mobile numbers and user name in my application.

Any idea of having tseach2 to accommodate different search fields? Way of Implementing it will be helpful too.

Thanks.

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:32:47 -0500
> From: scott.marlowe@gmail.com
> To: carterck32@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Improve Search
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> On 11/1/07, carter ck  wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone come across a solution for faster and powerful search stored procedure in a table that contains more than
500Kof records?

>> I am currently trying to work around with it. All helps are appreciated.
>
> Are you using the tsearch2 full text engine?  If not, you're missing
> the boat for fast searching text.  But you didn't really tell us what
> exactly you're searching on, so I'm just guessing.

Manage multiple email accounts with Windows Live Mail!
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all

Re: Improve Search

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, carter ck wrote:

> Hm. No. I am not using tsearch2. I have looked at the documentation, but not sure how it benefits me.
>
> I am searching for text such as mobile numbers and user name in my application.
>
> Any idea of having tseach2 to accommodate different search fields? Way of Implementing it will be helpful too.

create custom parser/dictionary would greatly help you.
see dict_regex, for example,
http://lynx.sao.ru/~karpov/software/postgres_dict_regex.html

> Thanks.

>> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:32:47 -0500
>> From: scott.marlowe@gmail.com
>> To: carterck32@hotmail.com
>> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Improve Search
>> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>>
>> On 11/1/07, carter ck  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Has anyone come across a solution for faster and powerful search stored procedure in a table that contains more
than500K of records?

>>> I am currently trying to work around with it. All helps are appreciated.
>>
>> Are you using the tsearch2 full text engine?  If not, you're missing
>> the boat for fast searching text.  But you didn't really tell us what
>> exactly you're searching on, so I'm just guessing.

> Manage multiple email accounts with Windows Live Mail!
> http://www.get.live.com/wl/all

         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83