Обсуждение: decode access privileges

decode access privileges

От
"John Smith"
Дата:
what does this mean?

{postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,username=r/postgres}

cheers, jzs

Re: decode access privileges

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
--- John Smith <jayzee.smith@gmail.com> wrote:
> what does this mean?
> {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,username=r/postgres}

This link describes each of the letters:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/sect_03_04.html

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: decode access privileges

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Sep 26, 2007, at 14:51 , John Smith wrote:

> what does this mean?
>
> {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,username=r/postgres}

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-grant.html

If you provide a bit more information (such as where and how you see
this information), you might assist those trying to help. I ended up
looking through the system catalogs, in particular pg_database, which
pointed me to the GRANT and REVOKE documentation. Not the quickest
route, but I got there. Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: decode access privileges

От
"John Smith"
Дата:
On 9/26/07, Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2007, at 14:51 , John Smith wrote:
>
> > what does this mean?
> >
> > {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,username=r/postgres}
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-grant.html

...purrrfect! thanks michael. i got there by "\dp"

a sorta follow-up:
"\dp" gets access privileges for objects inside the public schema.
how'd i find access privileges for a private schema (not objects
inside that private schema- "\dp schemaname." gets that fine)?

just did a "grant on..." a private schema and wanna see it. something
like "\z schemaname"?
cheers, jzs