Обсуждение: oracle rank() over partition by queries

oracle rank() over partition by queries

От
"sharmi Joe"
Дата:
Hi,
Is there a way to get the oracle's rank() over partition by queries in postgresql? For example if I have a query like

Select Col1, Col2, RANK() OVER(PARTITION BY Col1 order by Col3 desc) as rank from table1

Thanks in advance

Re: oracle rank() over partition by queries

От
"Rodrigo De León"
Дата:
On 9/11/07, sharmi Joe <sha.question@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to get the oracle's rank() over partition by queries in
> postgresql? For example if I have a query like
>
> Select Col1, Col2, RANK() OVER(PARTITION BY Col1 order by Col3 desc) as rank
> from table1
>
> Thanks in advance

See:
http://troels.arvin.dk/db/rdbms/#select-top-n

Re: oracle rank() over partition by queries

От
Markus Schiltknecht
Дата:
Hello Sharmi Joe,

sharmi Joe wrote:
> Is there a way to get the oracle's rank() over partition by queries in
> postgresql?

These are known as window functions. AFAIK Gavin Sherry is working on an
implementation for Postgres.

Regards

Markus

Re: oracle rank() over partition by queries

От
SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH
Дата:
Thanks Markus

Markus Schiltknecht <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:
Hello Sharmi Joe,

sharmi Joe wrote:
> Is there a way to get the oracle's rank() over partition by queries in
> postgresql?

These are known as window functions. AFAIK Gavin Sherry is working on an
implementation for Postgres.

Regards

Markus

http://archives.postgresql.org/