Обсуждение: Tutorial EXPLAIN for idiots?

Tutorial EXPLAIN for idiots?

От
Erwin Moller
Дата:
Hi group,

Does anybody know of an tutorial for EXPLAIN for idiots like me?
(I am fairly confortable with Postgres, but never used EXPLAIN before.)

I need to optimize a few slow running queries, but I am not really
getting it when reading:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/performance-tips.html

A bit hard for starters. :-/

Any tips/sites?

TIA

Regards,
Erwin

--

-------------------
Erwin Moller

Groenendaal 25f
3011 SK Rotterdam
tel 010-2133996
-------------------

Re: Tutorial EXPLAIN for idiots?

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Fri, dem 07.09.2007, um 12:30:06 +0200 mailte Erwin Moller folgendes:
> Hi group,
>
> Does anybody know of an tutorial for EXPLAIN for idiots like me?
> (I am fairly confortable with Postgres, but never used EXPLAIN before.)
>
> I need to optimize a few slow running queries, but I am not really
> getting it when reading:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/performance-tips.html
>
> A bit hard for starters. :-/
>
> Any tips/sites?

http://redivi.com/~bob/oscon2005_pgsql_pdf/OSCON_Explaining_Explain_Public.pdf

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Tutorial EXPLAIN for idiots?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 12:30:06PM +0200, Erwin Moller wrote:
> Any tips/sites?

check this:

http://www.postgresql.org/communityfiles/13.sxi

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)

Re: Tutorial EXPLAIN for idiots?

От
Erwin Moller
Дата:
A. Kretschmer wrote:
am  Fri, dem 07.09.2007, um 12:30:06 +0200 mailte Erwin Moller folgendes:
Hi group,

Does anybody know of an tutorial for EXPLAIN for idiots like me?
(I am fairly confortable with Postgres, but never used EXPLAIN before.)

I need to optimize a few slow running queries, but I am not really
getting it when reading:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/performance-tips.html

A bit hard for starters. :-/

Any tips/sites?