Обсуждение: Sylph Searcher

Sylph Searcher

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Hi,

I made a small demonstration for Sylph Searcher at Linux World at SF
and was asked by Josh Berkus where he can download it. I would like to
share the info with PostgreSQL users. Here is the URL:

http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#searcher

Those who are not familiar with Syph Searcher, here are brief
explanation:

Sylph-Searcher is a PostgreSQL+tsearch2 application that enables fast
full-text search of messages stored in mailboxes of Sylpheed, or
normal MH folders.

Sylph-Searcher requires the following programs:

    GLib 2.4.0 or later (http://www.gtk.org/)
    GTK+ 2.4.0 or later (http://www.gtk.org/)
    MeCab 0.93 or later + mecab-ipadic (http://mecab.sourceforge.net/)
    PostgreSQL 8.2 or later + tsearch2 (http://www.postgresql.org/)
    LibSylph 1.0.0 or later (http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/)

The license of Sylph-Searcher follows the BSD license.

I'm using sylph searcher on my Linux laptop regulary with mew (a mail
program running inside emacs) and has fairly large tsearch2 data base
on it. The database size is ~1.7GB, and the number of messages are more
than 300,000. Note that sylph-searcher can run on Windows too.

Sylph searcher was developed by Hiroyuki Yamamoto, who is the author
of Sylpheed, a mail client.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Sylph Searcher

От
Decibel!
Дата:
Is there a way to get this to work remotely? IE: is there an indexing
part that can be run on the mail server that you'd connect to remotely?