Обсуждение: import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

От
"Alain Roger"
Дата:
Hi,

I would like to know what should i do to import the content (not all columns) of a XLS file into pgsql.
is there something special to do ?

thanks a lot,

--
Alain
------------------------------------

Re: import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

От
Adam Witney
Дата:
> I would like to know what should i do to import the content (not all columns)
> of a XLS file into pgsql.
> is there something special to do ?

Simplest way is to save it as a TAB delimited file and then look at the COPY
command? Or if it needs more complicated processing... you could write a
perl script to read the XLS file and insert the data from that

adam

Re: import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

От
Julio Cesar Sánchez González

I would like to know what should i do to import the content (not all columns) of a XLS file into pgsql.
is there something special to do ?

thanks a lot,

--
Alain
------------------------------------
Windows XP SP2
PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Apache 2.2.4
PHP 5.2.1

With “CSV” file type should be. For one example to you visit this link: http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/2007/06/importar-datos-externos-nuestra-base-de.html with my blog.

Regards,

Julio Cesar Sánchez González

Re: import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

От
"Ivan Zolotukhin"
Дата:
Hello,

One more way to do it with mouse clicking only is OpenOffice. Get OO
and install PostgreSQL driver into OpenOffice Database application,
then you'll be able to import/export spreadsheets to and from database
tables and work with DB tables just like they are spreadsheets.

Regards,
 Ivan

On 8/6/07, Alain Roger <raf.news@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what should i do to import the content (not all
> columns) of a XLS file into pgsql.
> is there something special to do ?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> --
> Alain
> ------------------------------------
> Windows XP SP2
> PostgreSQL 8.1.4
> Apache 2.2.4
> PHP 5.2.1

Re: import content of XLS file into PostgreSQL

От
"Ivan Zolotukhin"
Дата:
Hello,

On 8/8/07, Roberto Mello <roberto.mello@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Ivan Zolotukhin <ivan.zolotukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > One more way to do it with mouse clicking only is OpenOffice. Get OO
> > and install PostgreSQL driver into OpenOffice Database application,
> > then you'll be able to import/export spreadsheets to and from database
> > tables and work with DB tables just like they are spreadsheets.
>
> That should be the easiest way if you're not programming-inclined. I
> don't know if others have suggested it, but you could export the XLS
> to csv (comma-separated values) and use a csv-parsing module in a
> programming language (Python has one) to grab only the values you want
> and import into PostgreSQL.

Sure. But if you use XLS one can suspect that you're not
programming-inclined :) But seriously, OO Database is a nice thing
because you'd better move all this documents that many people prepare
in spreadsheets right inside PostgreSQL. Your xls users won't even
notice the change while their data will be being stored in the DB
directly without any files.

Regards,
 Ivan