Обсуждение: Suse RPM's

Suse RPM's

От
"Chris Coleman"
Дата:
Hi,

Does anyone know of anywhere to get Suse 10.1 RPMs of recent (8.2 and
8.3) versions of postgres?

The postgres website only has fredora and redhat ones listed, and using
rpmfind.net I can only find 8.0.13 ones for 10.0.

Thanks
Chris Coleman

--------------------------------
Chris Coleman
Programmer
Information Systems
Room PKL1 Phone 369

This e-mail is confidential and may be read only by the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not forward, copy or take
any action based on it and, in addition, please delete this email and
inform the sender.
We cannot be sure that this e-mail or its attachments are free from
viruses.  In keeping with good computing practice, please ensure that
you take adequate steps to check for any viruses.  Before replying
or sending any email to us, please consider that the internet is inherently
insecure and is an inappropriate medium for certain kinds of information.
We reserve the right to access and read all e-mails and attachments
entering or leaving our systems.

Registered office: Eurocom House, Ashbourne Road, Derby DE22 4NB Company number: 01574696.

Re: Suse RPM's

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
On Friday 03 August 2007 07:38:19 Chris Coleman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of anywhere to get Suse 10.1 RPMs of recent (8.2 and
> 8.3) versions of postgres?
>
> The postgres website only has fredora and redhat ones listed, and using
> rpmfind.net I can only find 8.0.13 ones for 10.0.

I usually get a .src.rpm, the tarball and run rpmbuild -bb.  It works fine and
I have new packages very fast.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Re: Suse RPM's

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 11:38 +0100, Chris Coleman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of anywhere to get Suse 10.1 RPMs of recent (8.2 and
> 8.3) versions of postgres?

Complain to Reinhard, he is CC'ed to this e-mail.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/

has only 8.2.0...

BTW, I have promised to build SuSE RPMs some time ago; however Reinhard
said that they will keep the packages up2date.

Reinhard, if SuSE is busy and/or is not willing to keep the packages
updated, I can also build SuSE RPMs for the community...

Kind regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Suse RPM's

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
On Friday 03 August 2007 10:04:27 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Complain to Reinhard, he is CC'ed to this e-mail.
>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/
>
> has only 8.2.0...
>
> BTW, I have promised to build SuSE RPMs some time ago; however Reinhard
> said that they will keep the packages up2date.
>
> Reinhard, if SuSE is busy and/or is not willing to keep the packages
> updated, I can also build SuSE RPMs for the community...
>
> Kind regards,

Having updated packages would be great!  Specially if they would be updated
for, e.g., OpenSuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.2 (both already released) and not
just for OpenSuSE 10.3 (still under "development").

Having packages for some of the older releases makes using both PostgreSQL and
OpenSuSE eaiser (for PostgreSQL it doesn't make much difference since we can
compile things by hand, but would definitely draw more attention to
OpenSuSE...  I had a few cases where it had to be handed down because of the
lack of updates -- not security related, of course -- to "older" releases).

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Re: Suse RPM's

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Having updated packages would be great!  Specially if they would be
> updated for, e.g., OpenSuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.2 (both already
> released) and not just for OpenSuSE 10.3 (still under "development").

You could probably take the existing 8.2.0 package, replace the tarball
with a new 8.2 release and send that to the OpenSUSE build service.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Suse RPM's

От
Reinhard Max
Дата:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 at 19:09, Jorge Godoy wrote:

> Having updated packages would be great! Specially if they would be
> updated for, e.g., OpenSuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.2 (both already
> released) and not just for OpenSuSE 10.3 (still under
> "development").

Yes, that's why I created the /pub/projects/postgresql directory on
ftp.suse.com, but I have to admit that I got a bit lazy in keeping it
up to date.

I've just built and uploaded the 8.2.4 package from to-be 10.3 for
10.2, 10.1/SLES10, 10.0, 9.3, and 9.1/SLES9:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/postgresql-8.2.4

My mid-term plan (for when the dust of 10.3 has settled) is to close
the /pub/projects/postgresql directory and offer these packages in the
openSUSE buildservice instead, so that others can participate and help
improving the packages and keeping them up to date.

cu
    Reinhard

Re: Suse RPM's

От